Calvin Harris - Feel so close | Faithful replication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewishoodmusic

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and was hoping on some feedback from a track me and a team did for a project at university, baring in mind none of us really do electronic based tracks as we are mainly studio bound. But yeah, please check it out and tell us how well we replicated certain elements and possibly ideas of improving them.

Cool version. How did you do the stereo spread on the bass? Or is it just a pan? Sounds more like a spread of some sort.

Last edited:
Love the vocals. Expectations were high for the first drop at 0:45, but then... :D the lower part and "glue" seem to be quite missing. Kick is way too thin also. Or was it meant to be like that?
You could sidechain the bass and give it some sharper frequencies too.
Other than that, it sounds very bright which I like!

Last edited:
The drum loop and the bass can could use some improvement. the bass simply needs to be way louder, it is a dance track and without bass it won't make people dance ;). you also maybe want to take a look at that snare, it doesnt really seem to fit the track, and the snare is way softer in the original. But good job on the vocals and on the main lead, they sound sweet :).

Very very nice even though i agree that the bass could be a bit louder. But overall its quiet impressing :cool: sick job !!!

Girls has a good voice, is overclipping sometimes ,maybe needs a different reverb . Bass must be louder, more presence, and the end of track is too craggy... Add some reverb effects on last notes.. Nice track, good voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back