Ambient Hip-Hop! Free DL! (F4F)

Spud388

I really need some feed. And if you could take a second and comment on my soundcloud, that would also be great. Every little bit helps!

Last edited:
This has a really unique vibe to it...I'm not a big fan of this type of beat, but a lot of people definitely are. I think the instrument choice worked out well, and the melodies work together. Only thing I would work on is making those kicks harder and turn down the shakers and the background FX you have..so that they are in the background.

Also, you could turn down the whole thing..and put 808's on the kicks and remove the bassline. I think that would sound dope, however it would change the whole feel of the song.

Return feed: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/crazy-dope-banger-i-say-hey-f4f-410130/

Your pads are awesome, and so is that high bell type noise. Maybe mix up your snares a little bit towards the beginning - they sound pretty repetitive/straight compared to the awesome flowing rhythms all around them. As far as mixing, I agree the bass could be slightly lower in the mix or rounder. All that said, this is a really awesome track, thanks for sharing it!

hell yeah man, its really atmospheric and just carries a mood along through the song. all the sounds are equal and fit perfectly together, i see what you were saying.
I subbed to you as well!

Kick is a bit weak, and bass is a bit too loud but the beat itself is really nice, I'd probably make the shaker sound a bit quieter too/add a bit more reverb to it. Has a bit of a Kid Cudi feel to it, I like it haha

Really nice! I am really enjoying the feel of this track. Some A$AP Rocky would sound good on this. I do agree with the comments above about getting your levels better organized, but other than that, it sounds really good! Keep it up!

I really appreciate the feedback, everybody. I made all the changes you all suggested and put out a new version (hopefully final, I've been working on this one way too long). Soundcloud kind of hurt my audio quality but I'll live with it.

Last edited:
This has got a real nice mellow vibe to it, but even though it is an ambient track, I would try and bring the drums out a bit more. For example, the kick drum sounds just like a bass kick by itself. Personally I layer my drums quite substantially, meaning the kick sound is usually at least 2-3 separate kicks playing at one time. This allows you to have the bassy kick you've already got in place, with perhaps a higher, snappy kick to bring the top end into play, then add a standard flat sounding kick to give it some sound in the mid-frequencies. Likewise, I do this with snares as well so the snap has a top, mid and bottom end sound to each drum hit. Once you've heard the difference layering makes, you'll be amazed.

PS - no new link from me yet, but appreciate your recent support!

This is dope bro. Im diggin it. Very creative and artsy. I think you should bring that pad out a little more. Stereo enhance it to give it a that surrounding feeling. Very nice though, melodies and structures are great. Sound selection is perfect. Just work on your mix. Thanks for the feed, see you around the forum,

Dev

Back