2am - future soul - dark (100% F4F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigoldma

hey yall,

I just started a new band yesterday and we released our first track today.

It's my first time working with these type of vocals so I was wondering if some of yall could chime in about the mixing and arrangement of the track!

Any and all feedback is appreciated and will be returned ASAP!

Y'all rock,

zzigzz

Holy shit. This was amazing. I'm honestly surprised to hear such good music here, since forums usually contain shitty artists. Great track. Seriously. I replayed a couple of times. I can see you guys going reaaaally far if you can maintain something like this. I'm hoping to hear more, so I followed yall on Soundcloud. Don't disappoint me haha.

The production is very mellow yet experimental. I like it, it isn't the usual stuff you hear today which I think will separate you from the pack. The singing is brilliant. The singer has a great voice, and I think his tone, emotion, and pace matched the production perfectly. Lyrics are nice too.

Mixing could use some work, but I really like the direction. I think the layering and the trippy reverb/flanger/chorus effects here and there really add to the track. I think you have a winning formula with these effects and techniques. But, the lead vocals seem a bit dry and repressed to me. I'd consider working on the reverb on the lead vocals a bit. Its really hard for me to reverse engineer this, but the verse part has a bit too much low end on the sides in the voice. I'm hoping this is from the reverb if there is any, but if it's not, grab a mid-side eq and cut some low end from the sides. Consider making the vocals a bit wet on the reverb too, see how that sounds. Presence is generally lacking in the vocals, so I'd boost somewhere between 2-5khz, and see how some added shine sounds with a 10k hi shelf boost sounds on the vocals.

Overall, very dope work here. Keep going, you have a new fan in me.

this is dope!!! nothing i would change, i love when the vocals first came in with the drums sounded really powerful and soulful....i followed u on soundcloud look forward to hearing more bro nice work

I dont usually ****s with this kind of music but i gotta say i caught my self replaying this shit so smooth and relaxing great vocals and production i followed u

Hey, thanks for checking me out in that other thread.

Wow. This is really some of the best stuff I've heard from soundcloud. Everything about this track just rules. The singer's voice is so smooth, the guitar/lead synth solo segment was amazing, as was the break down segment. Very slick production, you guys clearly have gathered a lot of talent together! As others have said, though, this could really benefit from better mastering, the mix is a little flat. Nothing really pops. The content is definitely there though! Great work, following for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back