2 Tracks to Give Feed, I'll return your feedback no matter what!

coshaben

Greetings FP, For a long time I've been creating Hip-Hop beats and Electronica tracks to satisfy my musical cravings. This time however, I've decided to go in a completely new direction. The two songs I am asking for feedback on are located here: Reinvention by FYS Production on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free Better days by FYS Production on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free Again, any feedback you give me, I will return to you. The feedback I return will be in depth and completely honest. Please hit me with some criticism though, I could really use it.

Reinvention: Wow, it really sounds like a film score... like the opening song of a movie... i loved it... but i can also see a conscious rapper like wale, Nas, or Lupe Fiasco using this... GREAT JOB.

Better Days: Take this with a grain of salt, as i don't necessarily listen to rock music... the drums could have ben beefed up a bit, or atleast louder. Besides that, i liked the melody of the beat. Nicely done.

check out

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ve-hate-check-out-f4f-100%-guaranteed-379056/

and

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eive-feedback/*chill-beat*-once-*f4f*-378458/

Thanks dude, very good feed on Better Days, I could easily beef it up. Also, I'm happy you enjoyed Reinvention, by far my favorite as well.

Please more feedback everyone, much appreciated.

Reinvention is dope, the string melody wasnt really my taste but when the female vox came in they did it justice. did you sample or play the percussion? Better days is sounding a bit like some pop rock typical teeny bop radio stuff, not feeling it.

Reinvention is def like some movie score type i love the pads and choirs in then homie and i like the hook when the vocals come in

nice arrangement too!

@medl4 I played in all parts to the song except for the sampled vocals. Thanks for the kind words.

@everyone else I am about to check out links and give feed asap, thank you all for the feed, much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

@hdproduction are all your tracks original? Pretty sexy dude, lots of clarity, what are you using software wise?

On the reinvention one I like the percussion and the arrangement, however the vsti's sound almost "toyish" or generic/stock if you know what I mean. I think if redone with the same types of sounds, but better quality, it would enhance the track. I do like it a lot though.

I like the snare and the backing guitar riff on the second one. I agree that the kick needs "beefing up" and I feel similarly about the "toyish" sound of the other instrumentation. Again though I like how you slowly incorporate new elements.

Please leave some feedback on my post when you can. https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eedback/2-legit-all-you-ask-feed4feed-379241/

Last edited:
@2 legit: vsti's? pardon was wondering what you meant by that. Thanks, I'll hit your song up right about...now.

Last edited:
Virtual instruments. Like the violin sound lacks depth and richness in my opinion. The emotional direction of your track demands a rich and full violin. I like the notes and arrangement but I think higher quality instrument patches (or whatever program you used for the sounds) would help.

It's the classic mistake of note velocity negligence for me actually i do believe. The patch used was part of a really nice orchestral set but when I created the bass/violin set I didn't have my keys, I wrote the lines by hand without creating any realistic velocity changes.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Going over the track again, the violin seems bright, fairly full and rich with vibrato after making edits so far, will upload later

Last edited:
Reinvention: Nice intro, like the percussion.. Well layered too. Don't really have any criticism, mix seems to be done well, only thing I might say is vocals at the end seem a little, not out of place, but the end is so epic I think it would have been fine by itself.

Better days: Nice track here, haha reminds me of a punk band, nice up beat tune with an element of sorrow to it it seems. Guy on your soundcloud was right, would make a good theme tune to a tv show. can't think of much criticism, is what it is. good job.

Return feed on my track: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...all-feedback-returned-guaranteed-100%-379290/

and my sig song too if you're feeling kind :) hopefully you can see the progression between the two tracks. i'm nick snare, commented on your soundcloud. Peace!

1st: I agree with the other users, percussions are dope. You could have chosen better strings/pads though (more realistic).

2nd: That guitar riff is awesome. As before, you used very simple sounds, which give the song a "midi" sound.

Back