Youtube is a great way of finding samples IMO

dimesproductions

When I want to use a sample I simply go on youtube and type in an artist's name that I know would have good samples i.e. David Ruffin, The Main Ingredient, Marvin Gaye...and you can usually find a username of somebody who puts up many soul songs or good songs to sample. Some of them are mrsoulman212, kevsoulman, veewee...

I wasn't implying you suck, but everybody knows about using youtube which is why you were assumed to be new. Why only the youtubes though? I was gonna post a sample in the flip this section but alas, the song isn't on youtube.

Lol my bad....yea I am new to this site Ive actually never been on any forum and didnt know everyone knew about youtube...:( thought i was one of the only ones lmao and I heard your beats I like your style..REAL RAP

No worries and thanks for checking the beats. The link to your soundcloud don't work though fam.

You must be new to FP we have had this arguement about sampling on Youtube several times. I stand by my pov that it just don't sound as good as taking it from vinyl, cassette or cd. Youtube is cool if you just do not have the resources to obtain samples, are new, or just a hobbiest but at some point I think most should really look into other means to get a better quality sound in the end

You must be new to FP we have had this arguement about sampling on Youtube several times. I stand by my pov that it just don't sound as good as taking it from vinyl, cassette or cd. Youtube is cool if you just do not have the resources to obtain samples, are new, or just a hobbiest but at some point I think most should really look into other means to get a better quality sound in the end

This is true. I like when people post up rare ass Japanese shit I wouldn't find otherwise though.

I sample from Youtube all the time. Of course, the quality of some uploads are horrendous, but there are plenty of high quality ones as well. Even if it's not up to vinyl standards, I can usually make them sound pretty close to professional.

I only use youtube to find artist names and songs to download in FLAC later on. The sound quality just degrades the beat overal.

Shit im about to buy 200 random records for 150 dollars and im sure there is some good samplea in there but I knoe there maybe a few were theres none. Youtube is great for just chilling and finding more than average soul and classics but the quality is sometimes bad especially on good samples.

Last edited:
youtube is the new age crate digging..digital hip hop

pretty much

its a good and bad thing at the same time.. i used to know this channel that uploaded vinyl ripped soul songs all the time (and thats before i made beats, i just loved the songs) but i forgot what it was when i forgot my old account smh lol

Last edited:
You can't find enough stuff on the tube though. I was gonna post up this one sample to flip in the flip this section but the song isn't on youtube.

youtube is good for browsing through famous artists, it also good for starting out, but if you looking to have good quality sound you will never achieve it by sampling from youtube, no matter how good you are with mixing. youtube videos are mono sound, with 64 or 60 bits sample rate, its just the way the videos compressed.
no wonder major of cats sound the same, they ll find soul record on youtube and think they the only ones who know bout it, even though the clip has 200k views. Plus most of the obscure records are not even on youtube.

I guess Im guilty then, ooppss....I sample from youtube a lot but Im trying to break the habit.

Oh yeah, if anybody wants to tell me I suck please do so. Just click on my signature and when the page pulls up, click like ;)

Last edited:
i use youtube to listen to music and come up on artists I've never heard before but I make the effort to hunt down the vinyl

Back