Would anyone want a copy of Paul Nice's Drum Library Volume 1?

yeah i have all five volumes i got them a few weeks ago and havent had time to really run thru them these paul nice records or only good for sampling the drums outta them since you dont know the orgins of the breaks...well thats what i got them for

most of the breaks in his rare drums volumes you wont ever find, hell people cant even ID 90% of them
maybe 90% of the people who make beats with samples on FP can't I.D. then but I'm sure those who know the breaks can. I've come to accept that I in a lot of ways am a purist. I like technology but with records like this just for drums that most already have you might as well buy one of these kits for sale and use those for often times the same price and quality. Or a drum vst even. I just don't see the benefit of buying a record like this

nah I came to that conclusion after peeping a couple different blogs where the members were trying to ID all of the breaks. On both blogs I know the members have mad digging skills, most experts, and if they can't ID them then what luck do I have every finding the records..not gonna lose out on some of the best breaks I've ever heard just because I don't know what they are

thats how I feel

That's fair but does the record I.D them? Why have a break you don't even know the name of? What happens when someone insists on clearing the sample to sell 500 copies?

Luckily clearances are not an issue for me..But ya, that could be a serious problem for people selling beats and making tracks..I saw a Kev Brown video where he had a break record..I'm sure he has ways to figure out the ID's though

Thats my fear especially these days as I have been getting contacted for work from artists on indie labels. Most everyone I deal with wants clearance info these days. Plus think about the future. Most of us want to do something with music. Well if you want to really do it prepare for the future part of that preparation is not dealing with samples you can't ID or at least not trying to sell those tracks. If this is a hobby ok good do what you do if you have no desire to do more but I think most of us do.

Back