Would anyone want a copy of Paul Nice's Drum Library Volume 1?

Mannas

I know this should probably be in the B/S/T section but I thought it might get more use here. I've got two of these because I found one originally and then bought the whole set later. It is still sealed. If anybody wants it hit me up.

100_0409.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh shit this is the same as those "Rare Drums" uploads on here.

How much you want for it?

I kinda want to get all of them now.

curious...does the lp list the artist info for the breaks?!?!?

Oh shit this is the same as those "Rare Drums" uploads on here.

How much you want for it?

I kinda want to get all of them now.

Yeah, it's the same. I was pissed when that was posted because then they were everywhere on here and I had already had them for a while.

Not looking to get much for it, mainly just cover shipping and help someone else out.

If anybody would want to trade anything for it that would be great too.

curious...does the lp list the artist info for the breaks?!?!?

Unfortunately not. They're good breaks but no clue where they really come from.

I'm down. I can trade, don't know if I have anything real nice but PM me and we will see whats up.

I never understood buying records like this to me its kinda boring to buy an album full of those breaks half the fun in digging is finding it its like sex I dont want a woman who just throws the pussy at me let me work for it a little

hahahha i hear you, but sometimes you gotta take it when you know you never gonna find it again

I never understood buying records like this to me its kinda boring to buy an album full of those breaks half the fun in digging is finding it its like sex I dont want a woman who just throws the pussy at me let me work for it a little

I can respect that. I guess it's like fishing in a barrel. You're bound to catch something. I listened to them and really liked them so I got them. I figured I can never have too many drums and if I end up buying drums online, why not buy drums on wax?

I can respect that. I guess it's like fishing in a barrel. You're bound to catch something. I listened to them and really liked them so I got them. I figured I can never have too many drums and if I end up buying drums online, why not buy drums on wax?
I hear you I just like the challenge of digging as well. As I said in the other thread Im mad picky about samples I don't want remastered music either which a lot of these compilations are anyway. Not to mention I want to enjoy the artists music as a whole I feel like buying their music solely for the sake of having their sample is in some ways bastardizing their music. I am a fan of the music i buy first I think about the samples later

I hear you I just like the challenge of digging as well. As I said in the other thread Im mad picky about samples I don't want remastered music either which a lot of these compilations are anyway. Not to mention I want to enjoy the artists music as a whole I feel like buying their music solely for the sake of having their sample is in some ways bastardizing their music. I am a fan of the music i buy first I think about the samples later

I agree with that. I don't like buying music just for samples and for me records like this I feel better about. Now I won't say I've never bought something purely to sample but for the most part now it's just for the music itself but dedicated drum or sound records to me I don't feel like I'm ripping anybody off just for a drum break or riff I like.

I never and still do not understand why people think so little of drums these days. People make it sound like taking a drum break is more creative than taking a riff. Not knocking u just a random observation.

Xabition: I get what you mean. All the drums I use are from my record collection. I get way more hyped up when I find a drum break mid way through a song. But I also agree with Gilson; a lot of us will probably never find these breaks.

I find tons of popular/classic breaks all the time. What breaks won't you find? the only break that I have had a really hard time finding on wax is synthetic substitution. I can find it on ebay and even there its rare and expensive. last week I saw a copy go for $90 on ebay from france. I stopped bidding at $30 and felt that was too waaaaayyyy too much.

I find tons of popular/classic breaks all the time. What breaks won't you find? the only break that I have had a really hard time finding on wax is synthetic substitution. I can find it on ebay and even there its rare and expensive. last week I saw a copy go for $90 on ebay from france. I stopped bidding at $30 and felt that was too waaaaayyyy too much.

Damn. I wouldn't have even gone that high. I hate how the prices get jacked up because of that though. I've got a few breaks that are on either Ultimate Breaks or something by themselves and that is one of them. Synthetic Substitution on one side and the Skull Snaps break on the other. I will one day buy the OGs but right now it's just not worth it to me. The prices for Synthetic Substitution are ALWAYS jacked up.

It's actually this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/MELVIN-BLISS-SYNTHETIC-SUBSTITUTION-12-VINYL-AO9501-/250823677231?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3a6641952f#ht_1189wt_905

Last edited:
the auction started at 50 cents its just people started a bidding war on it. Apache is another expensive record on ebay. $200!!!! I have a copy of Skull Snaps its not the remaster and it cost me $10 I see it from time to time also. Right now sitting on the idea of picking up a copy of Axis Bold As Love by Jimi Hendrix for the Little Miss Lover break just not sure if its really worth the $25 right now. I have a hard time paying that much for 1 record unless its something ill likely listen to a lot. I am not really into hendrix like that so I likely would only have it for the break and maybe listen to for study.

I'll take it if its still available. Shoot me a pm with price.

I don't have a problem with these drum library records. Plus I like these types of albums that are just drums to listen to. Good for freestylin and shit.

most of the breaks in his rare drums volumes you wont ever find, hell people cant even ID 90% of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Back