Worst genres to sample?

alot of ppl gonna disagree with but i have to say jazz. I simply dont like dat jazz-feel

Jazz includes a lot of music and varied sub genres over a lot of time.
What do you find frustrating? No clear chops? the complex harmony?

This thread is more about sampling difficulties. Please share yours! :)

This is a really tough question as you can always grab something from any genre. But in opinion, anything with too much going (especially with drums, unless it's a solo) on in a song limits your own creativity on the beat and also can be bad for EQ.

So Death Metal is probably not the best for sampling, its usually really compressed and has a lot loud stuff going on at one time with drums playing a heavy part in the overall mix, but at the same time, their could be a crazy drum loop or a vocal solo or guitar solo.

its just that i dont like the jazzy feeling that often transfers to the hiphop track when sampling jazz. And the fact that so many ppl sample it so its harder to find unused samples compared to other genres

It's got to be rock, I just have the toughest time making anything to a sample recorded from a bunch or noisy rhythm guitars and poorly mic'd percussion sets lol. It's hard coming up with an idea to something so aggressive, I think I'm up for a record digging challenge this weekend, "60's Rock" it is!

There isn't any. All genres are great for sampling though it depends on how trained your ear is on finding parts in a mix. 60's or 70's rock are good for guitar and bass sounds. I think most people using rock records are after drumbreaks. Several years ago i was heavy digging for rock records because every i found had a kick, snare or some sort of drumbreak on it.

You'd say Hawaiian records are crap but who knows? The next person might dig it, others don't.

I'm a Hawaiian record FIEND!

A lot of people saying rock. I like sampling prog rock.

But for me not really genre but a lot of the time distorted/fuzz guitar makes me not sample something.

i think the question being answered here is least favorite ... because like said before someone likes something someone else doesn't like. plus we all have different styles ...

A little steering here: I posted this topic so we could discuss genres we find frustrating to sample and chop. I don't want to slag any particular genre. We're all music fans here!

its just that i dont like the jazzy feeling that often transfers to the hiphop track when sampling jazz. And the fact that so many ppl sample it so its harder to find unused samples compared to other genres

I've gotta disagree with you about it being difficult to find unused samples... My (albeit fairly limited) experience of digging for vinyl has shown that there's more jazz out there than any other genre! The genre is huge!
The other great thing about many jazz records I've found is that there's often multiple ways you can flip 'em so even if the sample has been used, there's just so much content in there nobody would even notice!

I'm a fan of the jazz section...

Back