Why Doesn't Anyone Dig Anymore

I love to dig for vinul i go allover Los Angeles Hollywood digging spots, Thrift stores, pawn shops etc....I love it. But lately i've also been getting into internet digging myself.

I like looking at youtube clips on interviews with drug dealers, Old Presidents, Old clips of Rock n Roll legends , Interviews with your favorite actors or even clips from movies stuff that you pretty much can't download or find at stores.. I download the Audio into MP3 from the youtube clip and flip it into a Wave and chop it on the MPC and put on a beat....The site to Download the audio part from a youtube clip is ..................LOL!

Okay Okay its W W W .V I X Y .N E T i can give you all the scoops on how i make beats but i'll still smash on anybody with my hardcore ish!!

Last edited:
Dopemyne said:
I love to dig for vinul i go allover Los Angeles Hollywood digging spots, Thrift stores, pawn shops etc....I love it. But lately i've also been getting into internet digging myself.

I like looking at youtube clips on interviews with drug dealers, Old Presidents, Old clips of Rock n Roll legends , Interviews with your favorite actors or even clips from movies stuff that you pretty much can't download or find at stores.. I download the Audio into MP3 from the youtube clip and flip it into a Wave and chop it on the MPC and put on a beat....The site to Download the audio part from a youtube clip is ..................LOL!

Okay Okay its W W W .V I X Y .N E T i can give you all the scoops on how i make beats but i'll still smash on anybody with my hardcore ish!!

Lol at you thinking you have a secret technique when most people with half a brain cell would just record the audio with their wave editor instead of goin thru the hassle of goin to a different site, downloading it ALL, truncating it, choppin etc..

Yea thats right i consider youtube an actual great digging source whats wrong with that? You can't get a rare footage of somebody's audio elsewhere. And what if that artist/actor/celebrity states a phrase that might sound cool on a song. Yall just mad because it something you guys haven't probably done yet and know since you read off what site i'm doing it from i bet you you guys are doing it now!! My beats will still own yours.....LOL

P.S. I got plenty of ways on mashing on foo's wit my beats!! Youtube is just maybe one tenth of it
Much love to all yall though!!

Last edited:
Personally, I sample pretty much just vinyl. I have sampled from VHS movies (music and voice samples) and DVDs (voice samples)though. Never sampled from the internet, but have nothing against those who do. The end result is all that matters to me.

I agree with NobleWordz that digging is an experience. Its just a cool thing to me.

As far as having problems with someone sampling from the internet, it reminds me of people who have problems against sampling in general. There isn't a section in the record store that says "HOT SAMPLES". I don't think there is one on the internet either.

If you have an idea and the quickest way to get that to happen is looking on the internet, look on the internet. I don't make beats on the computer, so for me that would be the most inefficient way I could go about it.

To me digging is just a word for that search of a good sample.

Booma Musik, thanks for reminding me about 2pac "Pain". Hadn't heard it in a while, had to "dig" it up real quick on YouTube. Haha.

skitzofraen said:
Well im from Denmark, most of the gems outthere is impossible to find on vinyl in my country... I like vinyl, but to be honest, I don't see the point in diggin'... I mean, allmost everything that's worth listening to can be found on the internet, so there's really no need to make things harder on yourself... Google is my number 1 diggin' spot :)

lol how do you dig on google? I need as much help as possible...thanks

y

Guilty J said:
Lol at you thinking you have a secret technique when most people with half a brain cell would just record the audio with their wave editor instead of goin thru the hassle of goin to a different site, downloading it ALL, truncating it, choppin etc..

you know you doing the same thing now quit lyin

Back