Why Doesn't Anyone Dig Anymore

Xabiton

Cupcake God
Everyone seems to download everything nowadays. Its a shame that this is the digging forum and nobody digs. Whats up with that?

Xabiton said:
Everyone seems to download everything nowadays. Its a shame that this is the digging forum and nobody digs. Whats up with that?

Well im from Denmark, most of the gems outthere is impossible to find on vinyl in my country... I like vinyl, but to be honest, I don't see the point in diggin'... I mean, allmost everything that's worth listening to can be found on the internet, so there's really no need to make things harder on yourself... Google is my number 1 diggin' spot :)

It's because of *imitating Lil' Wayne* that INTERNET BAYYYBEEEEE!!!

But I got a plethora of OLD CD's though that I use for my samples!!!

skitzofraen said:
Well im from Denmark, most of the gems outthere is impossible to find on vinyl in my country... I like vinyl, but to be honest, I don't see the point in diggin'... I mean, allmost everything that's worth listening to can be found on the internet, so there's really no need to make things harder on yourself... Google is my number 1 diggin' spot :)
its not about working harder. theres lots of music that isnt in mp3 format or on the net tho. Lots of good music. People r just being lazy

doesnt matter if it's downloaded... ripped from tape... ripped from vinyl... or even a cd... sampling is sampling in the end a sick flip is a sick flip

^truth. I still dig though, but it really doesn't matter. Theres alot of rare shyt on the internet these days.. just have to know where to look.

vinyl is just funner to me. digging is fun. thats why i ask. and i find all kinds of good music that i cannot find online.

peoples are just lazy and feel they can find everything on the internet. more people should dig tho so record stores stop going out of business.

Xabiton said:
nobody digs. Whats up with that?

ever see one of these???

copyright.gif

:D

being a purist is never too healthy... i sample plenty of vinyl and digging is the **** i love getting new old records but i find equally good samples thru mp3s and blogs and the sort.

in my opinion, it's more original and authentic if you sample from vinyl. it just gives u that extra level of depth

noblewordz said:
That's a bold statement. I dig.
i honestly have never paid enough mind to what u do to notice. u could be the goat of samplers but i wouldnt know it kuz i haven't taken the time to see.

Solomon_Gomez said:
good luck with copyrighting "YOUR" samples...

:D
its quite simple actually. Its no different than copyrighting anything else. I've copywritten non sampled material as well.

memorecks said:
being a purist is never too healthy... i sample plenty of vinyl and digging is the **** i love getting new old records but i find equally good samples thru mp3s and blogs and the sort.

in my opinion, it's more original and authentic if you sample from vinyl. it just gives u that extra level of depth
I wouldn't consider myself a purist. I sample from anywhere and everywhere. Tapes, cds, mp3s, vinyl it don't matter. Lately tho it seems like everyone only downloads. Thats it if they can't download it they think its not worth while. Thats the part I don't understand. What happend to finding your own samples and not waiting for someone to just hand samples to u.

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
its quite simple actually. Its no different than copyrighting anything else. I wouldn't consider myself a purist. I sample from anywhere and everywhere. Tapes, cds, mp3s, vinyl it don't matter.

hamburglar.jpg

:bigeyes:

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
i honestly have never paid enough mind to what u do to notice. u could be the goat of samplers but i wouldnt know it kuz i haven't taken the time to see.

lol aight no need to get you panties in a bunch.

because I get this annoying noise when I try converting my vinyl to mp3, and whats pisses me off, is that my table and needles work fine, but i still get this annoiing noise...so i dont dig nomore..

i dig for shizzle, i went to Goodwill on Monday...best trip there i've ever had. And I'm goin to the record store tommorow with the $30 gift certificate from my uncle from xmas. I love diggin.

Back