Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who E-Digs?

KHz Wilkerson is offline Soldier Member
    Thanks

Who E-Digs?

Sign in to disable this ad
    i can't afford vinyl anymore. its a recession. so i'm on youtube snatchin shit. who else does this?

Phantom Produktionz is offline Liver of Life
    Thanks
    I have vinyls. But they're at my cousin's house because of who's they are and all that. So I e-dig when I'm at my house. Usually on the weekends when I'm over at my cousins, I dig and that

shannonknowles is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I don't e dig on youtube, the quality is poor. If i come across a sample on there i will look for the LP it was released on. Try searching for blogs with LP's, OST's ect you will find a lot more on there than youtube. I try to download 100 in the week and go through them on the weekend, find my samples and chop them ready for the new week.
    and like this.

Mr. sickVisionz is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I don't eDig. If I hear something and I want it, I might go on Google and see if I can find a MP3 of it, but I don't think of that as digging.
    MR. SICKVISIONZ ON THE DAY FUTURE MUSIC
    https://soundcloud.com/sickvisionz/on-the-day

AverageJoe is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Gotta use all the roads. I dig vinyl (my favorite way to dig) cds, iTunes, youtube. Do whatever you can to find that gem. I got the sample in this track from youtube

Cake Route - YouTube

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

But if you digging off youtube try to buy mp3 atleast for a better quality version.
    Last edited by AverageJoe; 11-30-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Thanks

AverageJoe is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    But if you're away from a record player and you wanna dig sometimes you gotta go online to dig not saying that you have to use that sample off the web but research the sample and then buy a vinyl online. Digging goes beyond just browsing through records.

jjbing3 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I have tons of vinyl, but I sometimes look on the net for stuff because some jazz stuff is expensive and hard to find. I get it and listen to it. If I feel like sampling it, I will, but not often do I sample the mp3 stuff.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xabiton View Post
    I'd rather not sample than E-Dig most of the fun is the adventure.
    Kev, sometimes finding a working link is an adventure within itself. Lol. But also, looking for one thing can lead you to another thing (different album, different artist in the same genre, different genre,etc...).
    "I'm a chef, not chief, cause i don't recruit/ I take an unknown loop and chop it up like fruit." http://soundcloud.com/da-real-bingo

TheRealJoe is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I always E-Dig. What works for me is just searching a sample I already really like, and then I just go through the suggested videos on the side to discover new samples.

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbing3 View Post
    Kev, sometimes finding a working link is an adventure within itself. Lol. But also, looking for one thing can lead you to another thing (different album, different artist in the same genre, different genre,etc...).
    I know its just like discovering new music on YouTube I find all sorts of cool shit on YouTube just clicking links in the side bar but for me its not the same as going to the record store when digging. I like the feeling of the actual dig that inspires me itself. I've E-Dug before but most of the time I just put it to the side or do something else while its downloading and never get to it. When I have a stack of records in front of me I feel like I have to listen to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information