Where do you find your samples?

D

djrethinkbeats

Where do you find the songs you wanna sample?
For me its usually record shop, Vinyl rips (online), and of course the "Flip This" tab.
Comment where you find the songs you wanna sample.

My local recordstore, sometimes I go there with a mission "look for this, and then get some other shit." but mostly i just go there and dig for stuff I think looks intresting and fits my prefrences.
I think its easier to find samples on wax since you dont have to know what to search for + sampling youtube usually doesnt have the same quality.

I would suggest asking yourself "what do I like?", - if you dont know what you like its kinda hard to find it. I like certain styles and I go to those sections in the record store. Also looking at the back of the covers hints what the music will be like - If theres 10 artists featured on a track its probably gonna be quite crowded and therefor hard to sample (this logic isnt across the border, its just guidelines)

well im not the best producer but for my samples i just go on pandora an what ever genre u feeling just type it in an wait for your banger to come on :D

I stopped digging a few years ago but I have a few gigs of vinyl samples I collected over the years. I used to raid the dollar bins. That was the challenge and excitement of it all. Flipping a cheap record into a beat. That's hip hop;using limited resources.

Last edited:
I find my samples on YouTube and I choose what sounds good.. obviously.

(Sorry if I have grammar mistakes, I don't speak english very well, but I try.)

On YouTube, really. I've found some wicked samples on a couple channels. But I really want to start physically "digging" more.

Back