Where Can I Find Old Samples?

Evangelist

So Ive been coming across a lot of amazing tracks I want to flip into beats but i cant find any acapellas from anything in the 70's 80' or 90's maybe some queen stuff and that was 70's. Anyway, I herd this song "Who loves you?" by Frankie Valli and the four seasons. I really want to use this acapella but I don't even know where to start looking I checked Crazypellas and BlackLabelled but I cant find this damn think.

Thanks for any input!

generally you wont find acapallas floating around before the mid 80s if u cant find 90s or 2000s acapellas u arent trying very hard

No i don't have a problem finding acapellas in the 90's or 00's but Im always finding Queen acapellas from the 70's. I'm not ready to believe they don't exist or i cant access them just yet lol

No i don't have a problem finding acapellas in the 90's or 00's but Im always finding Queen acapellas from the 70's. I'm not ready to believe they don't exist or i cant access them just yet lol

Well I have been looking for those since the 2005 good luck. Also keep in mind the reason acapellas became available in the first place was for club djs to do dance mixes over the instrumentals of other songs which again didnt become popular until the 80s and only in pop and r&b and eventually hip hop. Never knew of many rock acapellas to be around before the late 90s to be totally honest. Most of these net rips you are finding are what djs collected for years and put on the net to help out other djs and producers started making new beats to the songs.

Im aware of the reasoning behind acapellas for DJ's.. the older acapellas were portions of a multitrack mixdown. There were acapella versions for producers files long before DJ's. They are out there Im sorry you couldn't find any back in 05

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

This looks awesome and just the kinda stuff i was looking for but all the Links are bad do you know anywhere else or could you "You Send It" if you have them?

no shit, but when your going back to the 70's there are certain hot spot databases on the web you ca find this is sample digging in 2011 cuz

let me correct myself, that IS what sampling is all about

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

haha right, but finding accapellas is always a hard thing. I'll try and come up with something, just to help you out then :P

I appreciate it man, I have like 3 or 4 songs that i know I want to use adn how i want to use them the only way to nail the loops I want I would need acapellas, I figured it was worth a shot to make a thread about.

Im aware of the reasoning behind acapellas for DJ's.. the older acapellas were portions of a multitrack mixdown. There were acapella versions for producers files long before DJ's. They are out there Im sorry you couldn't find any back in 05

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

This looks awesome and just the kinda stuff i was looking for but all the Links are bad do you know anywhere else or could you "You Send It" if you have them?

Show and prove.

Yes it is, keeps us producers on our toes! I am trying, but it is quite hard as you said. I don't think there is an acapella on the internet just there for you to download. You should try to find an old recording, and check out the Mono sounds. Or otherwise you could try to filter the song until you only hear the acapella, but that's another hard thing to do...

Did it ever occur to you, that not all bands even released acappelas.

So its kinda like diggin for something you'll never find, because it doesnt exist.

And its not just older music, theres TONS of RAP that came out recently with no actual acappellas released.

Did it ever occur to you, that not all bands even released acappelas.

So its kinda like diggin for something you'll never find, because it doesnt exist.

And its not just older music, theres TONS of RAP that came out recently with no actual acappellas released.

Yes man I know what you mean. Only "big" artists all have acapellas released, I really don't know why this is, maybe because there is a lot more demand for it, so they want to supply the demand.
But I don't seem to get why you guys all look so hard for finding these acapella's, beats can also go without (if it's a good beat). I rarely use acapellas, just concentrate on finding the good samples...

Yes man I know what you mean. Only "big" artists all have acapellas released
Nope, "small" artist do have acapella versions released too. You're more likely to find an acapella on a track that has been seleced as the single for an album as they are often realeased on 12" singles. It's simply a case of acapellas aren't going to be realeased out of every song.. And naturally the older the song is, the less likely it is that there is an acapella for it.

Back