What you choppin with?

Propellerheads introduced a chop feature in Reason 7..Its stupid simple and it gets the job done.Thats what i use.

I haven't used the chop feature yet, but have recently gotten into just loading entire songs into an audioclip and cutting out what i want then dumping all the unused audio. You do not need another loop editor anymore now that it loads all types of sound formats(mp3s, AAC, wav, Aif, ect.).

I'm starting to like Reason 7, still wish they gave me the option to just use the old 14 channel mixer without a buncha hassle instead of that SSL board though. But with the new EQ view, I'm beginning to be won over.

The SSL Mixer is dope for more than a few reasons. Imo, it looks better too once u get used to it. at least for me anyway.

Damn, i was bummed out a while because of the new slicing feature in Reason 7 wasn't as effective as i thought it would be, but I've grown to love it as well. I just drag the sample into the sequencer, then listen, stops song exactly where i want a slice, then hit slice.. keep listening and repeat the process. - not as fast as with recycle, but i can stretch and stuff+ its all in the program. nais

ABleton and FL Slicer(but that's just to play my chops, I actually do all my slicing in Edison unless I'm lazy and not sure about what I wanna do with the sample then I just throw it directly into fl slicer and chop it up but time.

The SSL Mixer is dope for more than a few reasons. Imo, it looks better too once u get used to it. at least for me anyway.

Damn, i was bummed out a while because of the new slicing feature in Reason 7 wasn't as effective as i thought it would be, but I've grown to love it as well. I just drag the sample into the sequencer, then listen, stops song exactly where i want a slice, then hit slice.. keep listening and repeat the process. - not as fast as with recycle, but i can stretch and stuff+ its all in the program. nais

Another option to check out is just use the "L/R" loop points with "snap" turned off, line it up like you want and then cut right on the line. Alot more like recycle IMO, but everyone works different.

Last edited:
I didn't know Slicex was the most popular tool for chopping.

SliceX all day.
But i hate it that Slicex gives errors when you copy a loop a couple of times and time-stretch/pitch-shift with it.

you tellin me its somethin better than slicex ?
impossible. if you know what ur doin with slicex, thats all you need.

you tellin me its somethin better than slicex ?
impossible. if you know what ur doin with slicex, thats all you need.

Not everyone uses FL either.
I've been using S.F. for over 14 years and still don't think anything comes close to it.

Peace

Maschine 1.8. It's so natural, I love it. Been usin' Slicex and Edison a little bit later, but it felt so I don't know, robotic maybe. Since I got my hands on Maschine, that's the way for me

Back