What makes a good sample download site?

BTM

I am just curious? My brother and I are considering making a new sample site with high quality samples and loops that cover every genre.

Now I can hear everyone say FREE right now and there will be free samples offered. One question I have is if the beats are slammin and high quality and you were impressed with the single instrument downloads as well, what are fair prices per download? What else makes a great sample download site? Maybe some things other sites could improve on, or sites already do real well?

Thanks much everyone.

Last edited:
just basic stuff...me personally i'd like to see more bass samples, some stabs, and maybe some stuff that you could use as hi hats, peace.

probobaly clean looking pages. Make it look prfessional and keep it very organized. You should have a media player that plays examples of the samples so people can hear them without downlaoding them. Then probably paypal.

Thanks for these responses. We're listening. Yeah there are too many cluttered pages out there for sure. We want clean and proffesional.

I was wondering about PayPal. I do want to make that option available and eventually standard credit card purchases as well, without the need for a Paypal account. Do all of you use PayPal? Any idea on prices that sound fair for pay per downloads? Instruments and then Percussion, Beat, and Bassline Loops?

I do want to say that the sounds are going to be big and Powerful. I don't want to list any "hollow" weak sounds. There are alot of wimpy sounds out there and I know they make for weak tracks.

Also I know a female that can lay down some nice vocals as well. I know vocals are not found as much out there.

personally i think most sample sites are overpriced as **** and you should try to keep it under $50 cus unless you can give someone a REALLY good reason to buy it you aren't going to get that many sales. Personally i think it would be nicer if you made 100 or so smaller kits that had maybe 20-30 samples but they cost $5 each so people could mixnmatch since alot give large amounts of samples but you may only want a few of the sounds.

Thats a good idea. Thanks. I want to make sure the one hit samples, kits, and loops
are reasonable. I was thinking like maybe .50 for one hit samples. Maybe .75 - $2.00 for really good beat, bassline and synth loops.

Do most people you all know have a Paypal account? I was thinking of starting with that pay option since I already have an account set up.

And use original sampled kits from records. Cause a site with your average 808/ 909 kits is not interesting. Look for sounds which doesnt excist already. And maybe make onehit sample also sampled from records.

it would be cool if you could also offer high priced packages which are fun to get (but if you sell a package of sounds NEVER put the same sound in two packages)

Gotcha. You can find 808 and 909 kits everywhere.

Actually many of the samples and loops will be completely original.

I have already purchased the domain and space.

it is elev8music.com

The site will be available soon.

Aewsome. I way appreciate the comments. Thanks. I am developing the site as fast as I can right now. These ideas will help give producers and musicians what they want at highly competitive prices.

I will be starting with a Paypal payment system. I will also add standard secure credit card payments in the future as well.

thanks,

Brian

Back