Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What effects do you use on your samples?

Dannevoltz is offline Registered User
    Thanks

What effects do you use on your samples?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Of late i have been staying away from samples, just to develop my skills as a keyboardist. but anyways, i was craving making a sample beat today, i made a pretty nice one, but the problem I am always having is I dont have a bread and butter set of effects to put on my samples. I usually mess around with some reverb and delay, but I was curious, what do you all use?

Thanks
    Stereo enhancement, EQ, Filters(not on every sample, just the go to tools).
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

Thanks
    Thanx man! You know any good stereo enhancers? I use stereoizer by nugen.

The Funk Junkie is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I normally find myself using compression or a saturator to give a little more presence to the sample... Besides that, normally eq or a moving filter as an effect if I'm needing a switch-up.

Thanks
    I make beats in Reason, FL, and Motu BPM. All have stock stereo enhancement FX.

Never outsourced for them. But the best enhancers are the ones with freq control so you can keep all your lows and basses in mono while spreading your strings, hats, vocals, ect.
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

deems777 is offline Soldier Member
    Thanks
    it's depend of what kind of sample, if i'ts just keys without bass and drums u can keep it as it is, or cut low to add space for drums and bass if it loud, and compression, maybe some reverb or delay
    Last edited by deems777; 12-12-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    [SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/deemsofficial/sets/deems-production[/SOUNDCLOUD] [URL="http://deemsproduction.com"][IMG]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2332/31585823.gif[/IMG][/URL]

mark1234 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Filters + Delays + LFX-1310 + Camel Phat + Camel Space.
    -

TheParty007 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    EQ, and maybe some reverb!

Thanks
    thanx for all the replies. I used to use eq, reverb/delay, and that be it. I am about to try a stereo enhancer maybe the one provided by fruity loops. How would yall go at cutting vocals from a sample? i used to use high pass filter and filter it out, but the vocals end up sounding unnatural half the time lol.

ScribeOne is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannevoltz View Post
    thanx for all the replies. I used to use eq, reverb/delay, and that be it. I am about to try a stereo enhancer maybe the one provided by fruity loops. How would yall go at cutting vocals from a sample? i used to use high pass filter and filter it out, but the vocals end up sounding unnatural half the time lol.
    I rarely even attempt at cutting vocals out of samples. Most always you'll lose alot of your mix in the sample doing so, or youll be left with a shitty sounding still there vocal sample unless your a mastermind with eqing... I usually just deep search samples where i can find just instrumentation... or try to utilize the vocals with cuts if possible with still maintaining it smooth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information