Wats A Tip For Sampling Vocals From An Old Song

pg16kid

I mean,

Right now for me, i can only sample instruments and cannot find or DO any samples wiht the vocals going on along with the isntrumetns (like how HeatMakerz) do them.. like you kinda make the vocals your riff... and thn of course, you have a little instrument going on AFTER the vocals... lol what am i saying? im prolly confusing yall..

SO im asking, do any of yall got tips on sampling vocals instead of just sampling the instruments..?

all you do is ...let it bleed....sometimes it requires chopping up the sample that has a kick and no snare after the air between the(kicknsnare) or if you prefer to chop right near the snare while the sample is looping also slide your hi-hats meaning beat 1-measure 1- every other space on the step sequencer screen of ( i guess FLstudio)OR IF YOU CHOP IN THE MPC USE F2 F3 TO EDIT AND CLIP THE SAME SOUND TO GET THAT REPETETIVE HEATMAKERS SOUND WHILE OF COURSE THE SAMPLE IS PLAYING IT IS A LOOP OF YOUR CHOP AND THEN A ADDING OF DRUM OR EXTRA KICK..LAMENS TERMS

ive never tried sampling before, just arranged sampled instruments and using vst synths for my beats. i would like to sample some oldies songs and do a modern version using the classic hook. i use flstudio for my production, and i know you can slice up beats in it, but im unsure how to use this function. is there a better software for sampling songs and choppin them up, seperating sounds, or whatever else may be possible? I want to use the original music for the most part, dropping in a heavier drum set and removing the vocals for the verse. any help would be greatly appreciated.

doggchild

You gotta chop it with no kick snare, because it can throw off your original drum pattern, or sequence, especially if the sounds are different. I just started making beats period like on Monday, but my sampling is pretty top notch, I just don't do it as much, its difficult to do it as the Heatmakerz do because they use MPCs, so its pretty much just sampling by button pressing. Practice makes perfect, so try to use Cool Edit or Acid to get your actual sample, then edit it accordingly and load it into FL or whatever program you're using, and keep practicing.

The part no one new seems to understand is theres no way to remove components (like vocals) from the mix per se....the frequencies from many dif. instruments and vocals overlap, its an all or nothing deal youre gonna get guitar+vocal or whatnot. In some cases especially on older records things would be hard panned left or right, in which case if you just sample that side and stuff panned to the other side wont interfere...there are also some programs that "remove" vocals or anything panned dead center that might be useful but I dont really mess with em...the results are never that great.

I dont know bout yall, nut ive made plenty of beats with the snare or kick still there from the sample. Just layer your kick or snare over the original. These in my opinion are the easiest beats to make. Chop a loop, find the tempo, layer your drums and wala. But I prefer hearing chops myself:bat:

Back