Vocal Sampling Technique

Dr.Strangelove

There are infinite ways to sample vocals and work them into a beat, but what is your typical approach?

Do you typically sample acapellas or vocal chops with instruments underneath them?
Do you take whole words & phrases, or just smaller parts?
Do you approach vocals as another "instrument" ie. the sound instead of actual words
...etc.

This isn't a "how do i..." thread; I'm just curious as to how FPers think about sampling vocals

it depends on what u want to do. Usually i cutting the long part of vocal (some phrases) to little parts, and then work with it. If i make some slow song (an about 65-78-82 BPM), i prefer to use an "all phrases", i mean very long sample. But if i goes with more faster song (86-93) i usually use the different very little parts of vocal like ahh, hoo, yeahh....you know.

And what about techniq, usually i get vocals from funk soul 70s-80s and ovcorse they are goes with the instrumental, but i dont care, cuz after cutting, i just put some filters on it, and there it is, instrumental just goes down.

And what about techniq, usually i get vocals from funk soul 70s-80s and ovcorse they are goes with the instrumental, but i dont care, cuz after cutting, i just put some filters on it, and there it is, instrumental just goes down.

How do you use filters? i usually run a high or band pass; it works alright (the vocals have a noticable 'old radio' quality to them. I might try eq'ing the parts instead of the filters to see what i can come up with

Back