vinyl quality vs utube quality

Yeah, i love the warmth in vinyl sound as well, but currently i have very little experience in sampling from a turntable. Can you recommend one for me? I want one that can sample in stereo into my computer with usb (or through my Roland Quadcapture Interface) (AND also possibly into Maschine?) + i want the ability to scratch with it. Motorized or not? Is Numark TTUSB somthing worth buying? Thanks in advance for answers.

Obviously the most important thing here is the end product..I don't think that's something that can be debated.but first and foremost,making music is supposed to be something you truly enjoy,and have fun doing..so from the individual producers standpoint,it should be about much more than just the finished product.basically what I'm getting at is this-- if you make beats and have yet to really dig,come home w a big ass stack of records,and sat down at your turntable for a couple hours auditioning samples and drums...you're really missing out.its such a more enjoyable and rewarding process ,especially those times when u strike gold..which honestly isn't hard to do once you develop some digging knowledge.sampling from YouTube is cool,whatever..but when it comes to the overall experience,its nothing compared to physical digging....oh yea...to the poster above me-- yes the numark portables are most definitely worth it- they get a really dope sound,especially if you're into grimy, production...and a bonus is they have a built in preamp.really good deal for the money,plus you can take one to the record store w you.

Last edited:
Holy shit!
moses is still here!!!
and, turns out he runs Tokyo Dawn!
Listen to this guy.

Wow man. Small world.
Good to 'see' ya.
:cheers:

Yeah, i love the warmth in vinyl sound as well, but currently i have very little experience in sampling from a turntable. Can you recommend one for me? I want one that can sample in stereo into my computer with usb (or through my Roland Quadcapture Interface) (AND also possibly into Maschine?) + i want the ability to scratch with it. Motorized or not? Is Numark TTUSB somthing worth buying? Thanks in advance for answers.

Any USB turntable should work for you. Although, I had an issue with an electrical hiss and needed grounding; so my setup is a Stanton T.62 outputting on RCA (the red and white plugs) into a little Numark USB interface that allows me to ground my Staton. Mine is meant for entry level scratching; it's not bad. I chose it for its price and its belt less direct-drive motor.

Back to your question, I sample into Logic and Maschine using a USB Turntable. With the drivers installed, in Maschine you goto "File" > "Audio and Midi Settings" > Device and change the device to your Turntable. It's a similar procedure for Logic. ​

Goodluck and cheers to bringing vinyl back.

-Beams

Back