Which type of sampling is more effective?

JoeySpec

Eastside Money Ent
I like to find a nice sample song and just loop it, but sometimes i try to chop it up into parts but which one would you think is more effective?

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!@ JehFree (thats funny)..... No such thing as a stupid question@ Joey, just (Do YOU) unapologetically! FTW!

usually a loop is more effective if it already sounds ready for a beat.
you should just try to play with it and than see if you gonna loop it or chop it.

They are both effective as long as the end result is a hot beat that MCs want to spit on

Sometimes both is good, like if you find a good sample loop, you can use the loop and then go in the rest of the song and find little breaks here and there and use it for other parts, so the chorus could be the loop and the verse the chops ;D

i agree with everyone else. if its a dope loop, just loop it. Take Jay-Z's "Girls Girls Girls" track. That beat was like 5 different loops from Tom Brocks "Nothing In This World" or "New York State Of Mind" I actually thought Alicia Keys composed the piano part of that song. Come to find out, that whole beat was 1 LOOP from The Moments intro on "Love On A Two Way Street" track. Aint that some ish.

i agree with everyone else. if its a dope loop, just loop it. Take Jay-Z's "Girls Girls Girls" track. That beat was like 5 different loops from Tom Brocks "Nothing In This World" or "New York State Of Mind" I actually thought Alicia Keys composed the piano part of that song. Come to find out, that whole beat was 1 LOOP from The Moments intro on "Love On A Two Way Street" track. Aint that some ish.

Can't forget "One More Chance." Straight loop, but one of the biggest commercial rap hits of all time.

You mean empire state of mind right? WTF I thought that was an original beat.

Back