Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is there vinyls out there that aren't on you tube?

brodel34 is offline Registered User
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup View Post
    Anything rare enough not to be on the net in some form or another isn't gonna just get stumbled on in a record shop bin. May find it on...wait for it...eBay(which still counts as "the net")...or in a collectable store with a decent pricetag attached to it. People really underestimate the internet.

With that said, millions of records aren't on the net. The reason being is THERE'S ONLY A FEW PEOPLE ON EARTH WITH THEM AND THEY'D LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY RATHER THAN SHARING. that means they won't put them on the net, or leave them at a thrift store or in a record store for an extra buck off the new Rick Ross CD they're picking up, lol. But on youtube alone you can find recordings that only 100 copies were pressed of. And sometimes when you stumble on them they only have like 12 views!!!

Keep underestimating the internet, lol.
    I agree.. there are gems to be found on the net.
    But the problem lies with the mentality. Cats try and cut corners and think that because there are a few samples on youtube that they can use it as a end all for all of their sample needs. Its plain and simple... if you want to be a great (even good in most cases) producer than you need to get in the crates. I won't even allow myself to go on youtube for samples for the most part... I know that if i start using youtube as a source for samples that my digging will start slacking. I find that i start digging less and less when i'm getting samples online. I also feel the need to have a hard copy of stuff that i've sampled... it doesn't feel quite right if i don't. I find myself looking on ebay for vinyl copies of samples i've made beats out of that i found on youtube. I have a fair but modest vinyl collection that i'm trying to get into the tens of thousands... and I still get looks from dudes that come to my apartment. "Where the hell is the rest of your vinyl?" I hate that. plus i know that there are producers out there that are sampling and have NO vinyl collection... i can't really respect that. That's like a chef making a meal with store bought components. Cooked chicken, making dumplings out of boxed mashed potatoes and shit.... yeen no chef. you're a cook.

You can find a USB vinyl player for under 100 bucks. They don't have the quality build of a real turntable, but more than enough to turn your vinyl collection into mp3s or wav files.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brodel34 View Post
    But the problem lies with the mentality. Cats try and cut corners and think that because there are a few samples on youtube that they can use it as a end all for all of their sample needs. Its plain and simple... if you want to be a great (even good in most cases) producer than you need to get in the crates. I won't even allow myself to go on youtube for samples for the most part... I know that if i start using youtube as a source for samples that my digging will start slacking. I find that i start digging less and less when i'm getting samples online. I also feel the need to have a hard copy of stuff that i've sampled... it doesn't feel quite right if i don't. I find myself looking on ebay for vinyl copies of samples i've made beats out of that i found on youtube. I have a fair but modest vinyl collection that i'm trying to get into the tens of thousands... and I still get looks from dudes that come to my apartment. "Where the hell is the rest of your vinyl?" I hate that. plus i know that there are producers out there that are sampling and have NO vinyl collection... i can't really respect that. That's like a chef making a meal with store bought components. Cooked chicken, making dumplings out of boxed mashed potatoes and shit.... yeen no chef. you're a cook.
    funny, according to majority of fp, if you want to be a great producer you DON'T SAMPLE. Lol. I have a different stance. I feel like if you want to be great at anything you take advantage of all you resources and don't underplay any technique that gets quality end results.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brodel34 View Post
    funny, according to majority of fp, if you want to be a great producer you DON'T SAMPLE. Lol. I have a different stance. I feel like if you want to be great at anything you take advantage of all you resources and don't underplay any technique that gets quality end results.
    likes this.
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

Gex70 is offline Registered User

he said that only 17% of his collection is avaible on cd,and its the biggest vinyl collection...

oscarwild is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Gex70 View Post

he said that only 17% of his collection is avaible on cd,and its the biggest vinyl collection...
    There's tons of stuff on youtube, television, and blogspots that is not available on CD as well. Stuff from those same eras that can no longer be found on vinyl because of the limited press that have made there way to the net thanks to contributions from collectors. There's even stuff on itunes that was never made available on CD. CD is not the end all source of comparison to vinyl.

Sidenote: There was alot of other stuff in that documentary that was amazingly dead on. I'd use it at a reality check for the music consumer before I used it as a reality check for the music creators.
    Last edited by deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup; 12-24-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

Yodabeatzslap is offline Registered User
    lol their are thousands of vinyls in record stores all over the world that nobody has even heard of / completely forgot about

Aardvark Burns is offline Registered User
    death grips samples youtube vids so why the helll not
    https://soundcloud.com/aardvarkburns
    eat it taste it and swallow it down

mark1234 is offline Registered User
    of course, cause back in the days people couldn't burn CD's like nowadays.
    So if they wanted something to listen to they had to press it on vinyl.
    -

TrillOG is offline Registered User
    Thats the best way of finding a sample, something no one has ever heard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information