Is there software that does this?

anthraxcp

This is killing me, I really want to know.

Is there software that will slice samples as you go. So you play the track and as it goes you hit, for example, the space bar on your keyboard (or preferably a key on a midi controller) and each time you hit it, a new slice is created.

Then it has to be able to export each slice individually as a .wav so I can load it in my sampler (short circuit)

This is possible in logic, but I don't have a mac. If anybody can help me out with this, that would be awesome.

f8 key in audition then when your done slicing hit "alt+8" to export... and in edison in fl theres is also a slice button.

Why not just chop in Shortcircuit.
Manual chopping is actually one of it's strengths.

You can make as many pieces as you want, and then assign them to the individual outputs.

Well manually chopping takes a long time.

I actually tried the audition demo and it world great.

Last edited:

^Never chopped a sample in shortcircuit.
All you do is set your markers, and go. Poof, presto, really it's that quick.
Also being able to adjust you markers as the beat plays is a plus.
Infinitely preferable to autochop.

Last edited:

why are people in such a hurry these days? its like they don't enjoy making music they just want to hurry up and get it over with. smh

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Wavosaur does this

I'm sure I explained that in my Keys x Pads 1 video

you did a video?

The best out is Edison. You highlight whatever you like and there's an icon you drag out into a folder. You can drag an infinite number of "chops," but technically they're NOT "chops" because the original sample never gets touched, and everything you drag gets automatic file names. I've made 30 cuts in under 2 minutes using it. It comes with FL Studio, or as a standalone VST.

why are people in such a hurry these days? its like they don't enjoy making music they just want to hurry up and get it over with. smh

So, sitting around at your computer clicking sh*t with your mouse is considered making music?

I like the method explained here because it allows you to chop up the song in one go, load it into your sampler, and spend more time making music - instead of more time preparing for it.

Btw, that wavosaur program works great for this purpose - and it's free!

So, sitting around at your computer clicking sh*t with your mouse is considered making music?

I like the method explained here because it allows you to chop up the song in one go, load it into your sampler, and spend more time making music - instead of more time preparing for it.

Btw, that wavosaur program works great for this purpose - and it's free!

its just as much a part of the music process as mixing or tuning a guitar.
Heres a hit record made by clicking a mouse. The producer actually used to post here I've "known" dude for years via the net and I've never known him to have a midi controller or anything but FL and a mouse. You can't say that he aint makin music. Either way no need to rush music. Quality deserves attention to detail and lord knows a computer ain't gonna give you that automatically.

its just as much a part of the music process as mixing or tuning a guitar.
Heres a hit record made by clicking a mouse. The producer actually used to post here I've "known" dude for years via the net and I've never known him to have a midi controller or anything but FL and a mouse. You can't say that he aint makin music. Either way no need to rush music. Quality deserves attention to detail and lord knows a computer ain't gonna give you that automatically.

Yes but why do it manually when the exact same thing can be done much quicker.

It's like trying to drive half way across the world when a plane ticket would cost just as much as the gas would.

It's like trying to drive half way across the world when a plane ticket would cost just as much as the gas would.

It's not the exact same thing.
Sometimes a chop needs adjusted during sequencing (what shortcircuit is good at).
Plus Autochop always places the markers in different places than I would put them.

most people who chop samples manually don't chop their samples the same way a computer would unless they are just looking for a preset way of doing things. I also would prefer the drive half way across the world to see the world as I make the trip. Why fly to Brazil and miss out on the drive through central America? There are some amazing sights to be seen.

most people who chop samples manually don't chop their samples the same way a computer would unless they are just looking for a preset way of doing things. I also would prefer the drive half way across the world to see the world as I make the trip. Why fly to Brazil and miss out on the drive through central America? There are some amazing sights to be seen.

??? I'm not talking about a computer chopping the song for me. I still choose the marker locations, only difference is I do it really quickly and then I can zoom in, correct, delete, add, re-arrange whatever I want.

Ok, and try driving to Australia from USA. Have fun with that lol.

??? I'm not talking about a computer chopping the song for me. I still choose the marker locations, only difference is I do it really quickly and then I can zoom in, correct, delete, add, re-arrange whatever I want.

Ok, and try driving to Australia from USA. Have fun with that lol.

are you just looking for a reason to argue now lol. We went from talking about something that can actually happen to all of a sudden driving a car through water. Either way whats the big hurry about? Do you dislike chopping samples or do you have to make so many beats in a day?

are you just looking for a reason to argue now lol. We went from talking about something that can actually happen to all of a sudden driving a car through water. Either way whats the big hurry about? Do you dislike chopping samples or do you have to make so many beats in a day?

I'm not knocking your methods. Do what you need to do. I'm just pointing out a reason that I (and possibly other people) have for sampling with the method described here

On another note, I've never heard of that Edison method with highlighting chops and the drag n drop function. Sounds like... well music... Never knew Edison could do that, I'll have to try it soon.

I'm not knocking your methods. Do what you need to do. I'm just pointing out a reason that I (and possibly other people) have for sampling with the method described here
You didnt point out any reasons other than you are in a hurry though. Thats all I asked is whats the rush? Is it really that inconvenient to take 3 to 5 minutes to chop a sample? Im not knocking people who look for faster methods but people these days are entirely too impatient

Back