Start Sampling Vinyl?

twinsity

I would like to Start Sampling vinyl And use samples on my mpc 2500, Could you help with what I would need? Right now I have a Fanotm g6 A MPC 2500 Duet 2 Interface(when its released) So maybe a usb turntable of some sort is that really it
Thanks

I've never used a USB turntable.

But if you get a regular turntable, you'll need a mixer to channel in the phono line and then connect the mixer output to your recording source

There are turntables out there with amp built into them. Both the Numark TTUSB (which I previously owned) and the Stanton T.55 USB (which I use now) are two very good tables and cheap (the Numark going for $99 and the Stanton for $199). There's also the portable Numark PT-01 USB (which I also own and use for when I go digging) which has a built in amp.

As Matt said, I've never used the USB feature on either of my turntables. Unless you're using it to archive and transfer you music to your computer for listening purposes, or MAYBE and you do your sampling with software (Reason, Fruity Loops, etc.) then I you'd be better off just going directly into you MPC or Fantom.

Perfect I want 1 with preamps built in for sure then I can just plug in the turntable start sampling correct?

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Do you think the stanton t90 has a built in amp or whatever

Last edited:
If the turntables specs have both phono and line outputs, then it has one. You can google it yourself. I would prefer turntable to dj-mixer setup though, as you are able to control gains and have a 2 or 3 band eq.

There are turntables out there with amp built into them. Both the Numark TTUSB (which I previously owned) and the Stanton T.55 USB (which I use now) are two very good tables and cheap (the Numark going for $99 and the Stanton for $199). There's also the portable Numark PT-01 USB (which I also own and use for when I go digging) which has a built in amp.

As Matt said, I've never used the USB feature on either of my turntables. Unless you're using it to archive and transfer you music to your computer for listening purposes, or MAYBE and you do your sampling with software (Reason, Fruity Loops, etc.) then I you'd be better off just going directly into you MPC or Fantom.
are either of those tables you mentioned direct drive or are they both belt driven? i simply dislike belt driven tables.

as long as you just want to sample (and not scratch) a usb TT will work just fine. I use a usb TT.....a belt drive one at that.

see me using it here www.youtube.com/statixx503

@ the maschine question.

maschines sampling is very str8 forward and easy to use. you press the sample button then decide weather you want to sample internally (from maschine) or externally via your soundcard/ interfaces inputs.

everyone has there own way of doing things but it seems that audacity would be a bit redundant. everything your using audacity for can be achieved in maschine. (except time stretching, which acutally can be done with a vst such as kontakt if used as a module in maschine)

Last edited:
Back