snare in samples problem !!! i know its a newb question

venice89

wassup, i really need help, I still dnt know how to eq out as much as possible the original drums and snares in samples. Can anyone help, can u tell me what frequencies to eq out and with which filter to use, please!! this is really important ill return the favor by leaving feeback for your tracks. Anyway thanx again man everyone peace.

btw im using an mpc1000, soundforge and adobe audition.

Last edited:
Well i have none of the stuff you named :-/ but trully man just play with it. You gotta learn some stuff on your own. If you trully have tried come back but man mess wit the eq tell u think it sounds like the drums are out... Like the mids and hi's take em in and out and see how u like it... and play with the filters and see what sounds like u want it. The best way to learn is on your own.

but the sample changes

yea but when i mess around with the filters the whole sample im using, lets say from luther vandross, changes it all gets eqed n then u dnt hear ****. How do u only cut snares and kicks without it affecting the whole sample. Do you know please help me out.

venice89 said:
yea but when i mess around with the filters the whole sample im using, lets say from luther vandross, changes it all gets eqed n then u dnt hear ****. How do u only cut snares and kicks without it affecting the whole sample. Do you know please help me out.
:monkey:

there isnt a magic way to just eq drums out without effecting the rest of the instruments etc.. thats part of what makes sampling a SKILL. you gotta make things outta the smallest pieces sometimes. its called chopping.

Last edited by a moderator:
you might get just a lil hit and you can turn into soemthing else like drum hit in ur, LISTEN VERY CLOSLY TO THE TRACKS

Overlay kid. Sometimes u can overlay the sample with a new snare. similar in sound, of different, it all depends on the sample.
That way if u add extra hits or just reinforcing the pattern it sounds good.

Back