Smooth jazz sampling?

M

M.C. Loud

Lately I have been playing around with sampling smooth jazz and I love the way it sounds. It gives the track such a nice vibe. And i was wondering how many of you sample it as well.

I love jazz but its kinda harder to find a good jazz sample but when you find it.. :)

Last edited:
Love it! Im about to start digging for some good jazz..

Question: Does anybody knows what sample is used on Kendrick's song Hol Up? Or is it played? Cause sounds amazing and I couldn't find it on the whosampled.com

Love it! Im about to start digging for some good jazz..

Question: Does anybody knows what sample is used on Kendrick's song Hol Up? Or is it played? Cause sounds amazing and I couldn't find it on the whosampled.com

same question here. it sounded like it was sampled but i googled it and no results indicates what sample was used or whether the track is actually sample-based.

and to answer the question of the OP, yes i do sample smooth jazz. i don't usually sample but when i do, i usually make use of jazz and i have a decent collection of jazz so why not. haha. check em out if you have time Sample-based Hip hop by Vench on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Last edited:
luv it mane ! I've been sampling smooth jazz (Kenny G, Najee) for a few months now ! The only thing is that you gotta find parts of songs without those heavy synthetic drums that are present on most of the 90's classic smooth jazz tracks...

I actually think the G funk was more about smooth jazz than it was about funk...

Sampling smooth jazz is my secret weapon.....shhhhhhhhhh lol

I will never be able to hear enough jazz in my life. Bob James, Ahmad Jamal, and Lonnie Liston Smith are easily my 3 favourite artists to sample from.

Back