Slicex not in sync

TheSaka24

Hi all !
I need help, I'm frustrated.

So I have a sample, its 65 BPM.
I start a new project in FL Studio, I set tempo to 85 BPM.
I open Slicex, and I simply drag the sample from my desktop into Slicex.

When I play it, its not in sync, its still playing at 65 BPM even tough my project is 85 BPM.

What am I doing wrong ?

Last edited:
set tempo to 105 move the sample to a sampler then back to slicex and move the tempo to 85

merry christmas.

set tempo to 105 move the sample to a sampler then back to slicex and move the tempo to 85

merry christmas.

Edit : It works if I use auto slice(Slicex slices the sample automatically when you put the sample into the slicex for the first time)
But when I try to slice the sample myself in Slicex, its out of sync again.

Last edited:
timestretch it or use tempo sync.

You mean stretch the sample to 85 BPM, export it so its 85 BPM, and then import it to Slicex ?
Where is tempo sync function ?

I know Fruity Slicer has the option to sync the sample to the project tempo, but that plugin has very poor features.

Last edited:
slicex time stretch is an option in the right clickmenu.
tempo sync in the paper icon.i have that same issue in sampling -_-
tune loop will make the chop sound clean when it begins and ends but unless the tempo sync or timestretch happens itll still be off.
doing seperate samples in different sampler channels will work but for me that is a pain in ass.

sometimes id rely on reaper for it but if anybody know a fl studio way, please share the secret to perfect timestretching by the decimal

slicex time stretch is an option in the right clickmenu.
tempo sync in the paper icon.i have that same issue in sampling -_-
tune loop will make the chop sound clean when it begins and ends but unless the tempo sync or timestretch happens itll still be off.
doing seperate samples in different sampler channels will work but for me that is a pain in ass.

sometimes id rely on reaper for it but if anybody know a fl studio way, please share the secret to perfect timestretching by the decimal
The paper icon should solve all issues. It will set the tempo of the song and then sync it to the project tempo. What problems are you still having?

I never sync with tempo though. If I'm using SliceX, I'm planning on chopping stuff up so I don't need tempo sync 99% of the time. If for some reason I do, I just make a loop of the sample in my audio editor (this isn't hard and I've done it so much I can loop pretty much anything in a minute or so), drag it into SliceX and rather than tell it a tempo (which I never know) I tell it how many bars the sample is.

yall ever dragged a chop in the playlist and it stretched that chop without messing with the pitch?thats what i tried with slicex.i know you can timestretch a sample chop but some chops are less that 3 seconds long i like but they end pre-ena the number loop point in pattern mode.the green notes when you make them longer they dont have that same little elastic stretchiy shit like the playlist blocks do.

the playlist in fl/any other daw is perfect for perfect stretching but the way redrum/Fls/guru/drumaxx/pianoroll is it makes on the fly rythm awesome.
slicex and recycle allow you to calculate bpm of any sample down to the decimal too, but i just want to stretch a short chop perfectly hitting the end of the visible bar.

I thought I asked a question, all of a sudden you talking about stretching, my goodness.

Anyways, anyone with the answer ?
I know in Fruity Slicer I can use a Fit (stretch slices) length slider, I can just move it to match the tempo easy, but as I said, that plugin has very poor features.
So, is there a similar option in Slicex ?

OK, eF it, I found way better solution, just use both plugins. Use SliceX to slice, and then simply drag the sample from SliceX to Fruity Slicer and use that TS slider(Fit (stretch slices) length) to set it to the tempo of the project.
Finito.
Although it would be awesome if SliceX had that TS slider.

there are multiple ways to do it after realizing lol sorry for the confusion.pretty much everybody in this thread found a different solution ive just tried all the suggestions including yours they all worked.slicex can do it by itself too :D

the harder way is timestretching manually with right click timestrech and then there's the paper icon.
THEN there's that envelope that you can move the one with the red curved line in slicex, then there's tune looper, then it has a drum loop editor that also works on samples as well as drums.

Back