Skull Sanps OG Version

D

Disease_The_Drums

So who here's got a copy?

EDIT: That's supposed to be Skull Snaps but you probably already knew that.

Last edited by a moderator:
That LP has been repressed. So IMO I don't see why someone would pay hella paper for an "original". The repress is an EXACT copy. I would only pick up the "original" if I was diggin' and it was cheap.

And I only collect "original" pieces

i love hip hop said:
That LP has been repressed. So IMO I don't see why someone would pay hella paper for an "original". The repress is an EXACT copy. I would only pick up the "original" if I was diggin' and it was cheap.

And I only collect "original" pieces

I'm confused. What does "I only collect "original" pieces" mean at the end, when your post was talking about re-issues? Are you saying you wouldn't buy the re-issue either? I don't get it.

Records are just like any other collectable. People pay big $$ for rare stamps they're never gonna send on a letter. If you look at it as a historical artifact, the prices make a bit more sense. (There are many records over $500 in value, and most are probably not for sampling. Just very rare.)

I only collect ORIGINAL records.

But if there is an exact repress IMO the original pressing is de-valued and not really worth it. I have the repress, and would not pay anymore than $20.00 for the "original".

Perfect examples:

The Hanged Man soundtrack: Paid $50.00 for the original with the red cover and the repress has a blue cover that looks nothing like the original. You can tell the difference between the two instantly.

Skull Snaps: I can buy a repress, give the cover a piss bath, sand paper the vinyl a little, and call it an original. You would not be able to tell....and then sell that $14.99 record for $200.00 (Don't think SOMEONE out there hasn't tried it). And all this record has is two SHORT drum breaks

I've seen ebayers pay $150.00 plus for an "original" Nas - Life's A ***** pressing and the ONLY difference between that and the repress is the record has "Not For Sale - Demonstaration Only on it. Both have it stamped on the cover. Any difference in the pressing of the vinyl cannot be detected.

I picked up the repress because I found it for like 10 bones and I just wanted it to listen to. If I see the OG for cheap, I will pick it up, and I will sample it, but that could be a far time off. So for now, I'll just listen and enjoy.

i would love to have all originals, but, i love music more than vinyl.
so, i'll pick up the re-issues at dustygroove for $8.99.

i would rather buy 20 re-issued classics than 1 original pressing.

just me though...

Back