!!!Setting up your MPC for Vinyl Sampling!!!

• Thread starter Sosa_Da_ROCStar
  • Start date
S

Sosa_Da_ROCStar

How do you set up your MPC for sampling with turntable...software..hardware..cords or watever im going to need to do that..muh money game kinda off now..IM BROKE..:(..naw buh i am on a budget doe..so like just the important things thats needed..thanx yall..:monkey:

I think you need a mixer....but I'm not too sure, I'd like to know this as well

that's simple, it depends on what kind of record player you got. I got one with rca jacks so I can plug mine right into the mic jack. It's not hard, works just like any input device. you could use a mixer also, same concept

^^^WRONG mpc doesnt have rca inputs it has those big joints not xlr i dont know the exact name but you should be able to find it

to plug it into the mpc you need some sort of rca to 1/4 male mono adapters

and will just any old turntable do?

Last edited:
chilla2 said:
^^^WRONG mpc doesnt have rca inputs it has those big joints not xlr i dont know the exact name but you should be able to find it

mines do, it's already hooked up. I don't know how the others are, but I have the '96 version of a record player

You guys are wrong, you can't just plug from turntable to mpc even if you have adaptors. You need a RIAA amp to amplify the signal from the turntable.

^^^
You dont really need an amp cuz it'll jus turn it up and if you wanna do that you can simply normalize it and that'll raise it to the highest "safe" level

chilla2 said:
^^^
You dont really need an amp cuz it'll jus turn it up and if you wanna do that you can simply normalize it and that'll raise it to the highest "safe" level

That's the biggest piece of crap I've ever heard. You obviously have no clue

orjanbeats said:
You guys are wrong, you can't just plug from turntable to mpc even if you have adaptors. You need a RIAA amp to amplify the signal from the turntable.
orjanbeats is right. You need a Phono Pre-amp. A DJ Mixer will do, but I use a dedicated preamp. Think of your record player as a microphone. With a good pre-amp a mic will always sound better!

I use a 1200 into a NAD PP2 phono pre and then into a Joe Meek Twin Q and finally into my MPC60II... Solid!

Last edited:
It Is Best To Get A Bbe Phono Pre Amp To Boost The Turtable To Line Level If You Have The Mpc 4000 It Has A Ground And Is Built With A Lo-z Gain To Boost The Level With Out Noise...if You Just Plug The Turntable Straight Up You Will Get Noise Before You Get The Proper Gain

Ya, you need a mixer to amplify the signal, Unless you plan on goin to
your PC to cut up the samples then move the cut samples to the
MPC @ USB....

This is more simpler than wiping ur ass. Get a clue...
Hook the turntable to a pre-amp... to mixer...mixer output into the inputs of ThaMP... Now get to work.

Last edited:
Back