sampling is WEAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmac4183 said:
close this thread, dude just mad becuz he tried sampling and cant do it.
This is a classic thread of what being a hater is. You just need to step up ur game, dont take ur anger out on people who can sample

Dude got OWNED! Tmac hurting feelings in here lol!!!!. I guess the truth really does hurt.

Last edited:
"A lot of people still don't recognize the sampler as a musical instrument. I can see why. A lot of rap hits over the years used the sampler more like a Xerox machine. If you take four whole bars that are identifiable, you're just biting that ****. But I've always been into using the sampler more like a painter's palette than a Xerox. Then again, I might use it as a Xerox if I find rare beats that nobody had in their crates yet. If I find a certain sample that's just incredible - like the one on "Liquid Swords" - I have to zap that! That was from an old Willie Mitchell song that I was pretty sure most people didn't have. But on every album I try to make sure that I only have 20 to 25 percent [of that kind of] sampling. Everything else is going to be me putting together a synthesis of sounds. You listen to a song like "Knowledge God" by Raekwon: it took at least five to seven different records chopped up to make one two-bar phrase. That's how I usually work." - RZA

whats funny about this thread is that this dude is totally ignorant to sampling. I make keyboard beats and I sample trust me when I say they are both arts and very different arts at that. Neither is really harder than the other its just different. In fact I tend to use sampled sounds from my records to create new tracks then play my keyboard over those sounds. There is a ton of ways to sample the problem is that too many people sample the exact same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back