Sampling S900 -- > MPC2000XL

samwize0904

Hey i have bought a S900
Because i realy want to experiment with the 12 bit crunchiness...
My main tool that i use is the akai MPC2000Xl
I kinda think cutting and sampling is lot eazyer en user friendly on the MPC2000Xl (and working in general)
My question is: If u sample true S900 Directly to my MPC2000Xl
Am i still able to have that 12 Bit sound (on the MPC) or should i record the sounds first on de S900 And then send it to the MPC2000Xl...

I know i can fix this problem with midi but i wanted to know if it was possible the way i suggested...
Because im not that big of a midi fan

PEACE & THX !

If you don't want to edit on the actual S900 itself I would recommend you sample into the S900's input then sample from it's outputs into the MPC where you can then get busy editing......you don't want to pass audio through the S900 without sampling and you don't want to transfer the sample digitally where it's going to be converted from 12 Bit to 16 Bit..........you can use an old S900 Atari sample editor such as Squash It! in an Atari emulator which isn't too bad in my opinion, but I don't really have an issue editing on hardware samplers because I can basically just crunch the numbers and key them in.......in fact I can roll a loop faster on hardware than a lot of cats can do with a waveform editor in their software.

I used to have a s900 with an mpc too, and used to sample into the 900 first, and then re-sample into the mpc just like your wanting to do. This works great. Your sample will sound just like it did in the s900 since the mpc is so clear, and transparent.

Back