Sampling is Outdated???

Lokness42 said:
i'ma get str8 to the point. the sounds in workstations are samples of real instruments, some are synthed, but hey they come like that.(not like synths are loaded up with samples of say some marvin gaye) also the sounds in synths are called voices, where as a sample is just that a sample.(hince if you ever read a manual for a synth or workstation you'd know they have voice banks) but the sampling i'm talking about is when u take even one note from somebody, you are sampling someone elses work.

so learn the difference my motif has it's stock voices i can sample and add new sounds
oh and i'm not sampling if they are already stock, i am only sampling when i record new sounds into my motif to use as voices.
ALIASTrP said:
unless u use actual live instruments u are sampling bottom line.
I won't go that far, some people use real synth engines, and although technically keyboard workstations(Reason, GM Banks, Triton, Motif, Hypersonic, Fantom, ect.) are created from anywhere between 64-1000mb of 1 note few ms long samples with loop points and synthesis that make up the soundbank. I'm not anal enough to call this "sampling", but when you're using gb's of long drawn out recorded sounds with transitions that the real instruments would make already in them and hittin 1 note gives you an intricate intro mid and lead outof a sound(Kontakt, FL Studio samples, East West Libraries, Giga, VSL, ect.)You're using samples someone else took the time to get. You have no right to say anything about someone getting samples for themself.

Hans Zimmer, Gary Garritan, Peter Seidlachek, they're aware that they have their names attached to "sample" collections, being "composers" if ever there was such a thing, isn't it ironic they're providing royalty free sample libraries?

Other thing some of you guys haven't gotten 80 pages later, you don't have to "steal others material" to sample. If you buy "Hans Zimmers String collection" and load a legato string .wav file into your motif, you are "sampling" royalty free material. If you "steal" the sound of a dirty record by playing air of the end of a piece of vinyl you're sampling, although all you're really "stealing" is the sound of your own dirty needle. Again, stop being so close minded.

Last edited:
aiiight

Off topic: deranged why didnt u get into that acapella remix for sleepdeez

and also i shouldve added in my post that i consider synths live instruments

Last edited by a moderator:
Well back in the day just about all hiphop beats were from samples. And now days it true, it about the money, "ALL SAMPLED AND SIMPLE BASSLINES".=$30,000. the true art is faded 4 the love of music.

Last edited:
ALIASTrP said:
aiiight

Off topic: deranged why didnt u get into that acapella remix for sleepdeez

and also i shouldve added in my post that i consider synths live instruments
I just got a bad vibe about acapella remixes. lol. Done some in the past that i thought were remarkable, didn't make albums that ended up sucking, and ever since then, I just got a bad taste in my mouth for remixes. Here's one right here on my computer!!!(Mary J's wasn't from the album that ended up sucking, I understand why this didn't make her greatest hits release, it really wasn't good enough. But because of legal issues I can't post the songs I did that didn't make the album I'm talking about).

Last edited:
Back