Sampling multiple songs in 1 beat..

quantumleap

My apologies if the title is misleading, but I'm looking for videos of producers sampling more than 1 song to make 1 beat. I did a search on here to try to find some old posts, but only really found 1 consisting of a Marco Polo video of his using something like 5 samples to make 1 beat.. THAT video is:

But I really want to see more producers in action using multiple songs to make 1 beat..Not having much luck finding anything with the searches I've done

You probably won't find much. Its too expensive to make beats that way but it used to be very popular. Kanye is great at this. Just blaze has a vid of him doing it on a mpc 4000 back when he had dreads. Its likely still on youtube

Stoupe is famous for using multiple records, but he is very spotlight shy so I doubt there will be any videos of making a beat.

I always thought that about software as far as making producers lazy. Most software does stuff like autochop anyway.

Our sample database is quite big, that's why we always try to use several samples in one beat. It also adds more value to your beats, instead of just using one sample.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

You can always check out our Soundcloud. For example the beat called 'In the Meantime' is made with 6 different samples. Try and guess which ones ...

www.soundcloud.com/Loscobeats

yo this isnt a forum for ****ing promotion losco... dope shit though

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Yo.. on second thought... losco this is like the dopest shit i've heard from this site ever LOL

finding the right samples that work 2getha is the hardest part of using multiple samples....sometimes it works sometimes it dont- but yea that marco polo video inspires me everytime i watch that shit. @losco i bet u counted a drum break as 1 of "6" samples but ur beat was nice as hell lol.....

yo this isnt a forum for ****ing promotion losco... dope shit though

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Yo.. on second thought... losco this is like the dopest shit i've heard from this site ever LOL

Thanks man, appreciate it !!

And...stay tuned, since from now on we are trying to release a new beat every week.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

finding the right samples that work 2getha is the hardest part of using multiple samples....sometimes it works sometimes it dont- but yea that marco polo video inspires me everytime i watch that shit. @losco i bet u counted a drum break as 1 of "6" samples but ur beat was nice as hell lol.....

Actually I didn't; the voices in it are counted as the 6th sample (dutch sample)...thanks anyway, appreciate it ;)

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Plus, you can always put different sounds together, that's the nice thing about music: it just takes a little bit of pitching and finding the right tone. Yet, the hardest part is indeed to have your different sounds work together in the same vibe of the beat. For example, you cannot use a synth-like sound if your beat doesn't sound synth-like, just stay in the same vibe. If you make funk, keep it funky. If you make soul, keep it soulful: that's the part where you have to find out if it "works together".

Plus, you can always put different sounds together, that's the nice thing about music: it just takes a little bit of pitching and finding the right tone. Yet, the hardest part is indeed to have your different sounds work together in the same vibe of the beat. For example, you cannot use a synth-like sound if your beat doesn't sound synth-like, just stay in the same vibe. If you make funk, keep it funky. If you make soul, keep it soulful: that's the part where you have to find out if it "works together".

well said

Back