Sampling from modern beats

Illpoet

I just wanted to know what my fellow producers thought of sampling instruments such as kicks and snares from modern rap beats instead of sampling from vynil

Dude, whatever works for you, cause anything that sounds good I will sample whether vinyl or cd or DVD it really doesn't matter!

The only reason that people prefer the vinyl is because of the dirt and warmness that comes from that. My preference is whatever sounds good to you! **** what everyone else says! Does it move you, is the only thing that you have to deal with!

You should check out www.soniqarts.com
Excellent collection of drum samples for urban music production. Huge selection.
Instant inspiration. We've already done the digging, filtering & freqing for you. Check us out & put us in your mix.

sampling other producers drums

yeah everybodys been doing that intill u start diggin whatever you here that sounds good bra!

I don't think theres too much wrong with taking kicks and snares from new songs. The only problem happens when people take sounds from a neptunes (or any other producer) beat and then proceed to make knock-off neptunes beats. To me thats a no-no.

As long as it sound good who gives a fcuk where it came from.

Do woteva man, just make good music!

SP

Back