Sampling at first can be tough, But I know my Maschine AMA

Will 5000

I have a lot of fun sampling, before I felt like it was hard so i did just one for most songs, now I put multiple samples in instrumentals with hooks to have more to choose from. If you have any questions about sampling I use maschine mikro with native instruments.

with that if you select a pad then you'll have to go to "pad mode" if you do group you just select that group.
hope that helps ya.

What do you normally do to your drums in maschine if anything? I'm new to the whole mixing scene and i'm having trouble getting my drums to sound the way that I want

I want more of a grimey sound. If you ever listen to like roc marciano or preemo I want more of that kind of sound.

As a user of the Maschine Mikro MK2 I've found it extremely simple to import and slice up samples this Youtube channel really helped me out HipHopRally - YouTube. The biggest downside I currently am experiencing is with mixing and equalizing my tracks, I can't reall figure out whether its the software or my lack of knowledge.

The software has it's limitations but there are work arounds. You can definitely get a good mix in it, I personally don't like the mixing environment, or lack there of, so I typically use pro tools, but there's nothing stopping you from getting a solid mix in maschine if you know what you're doing.

I'll keep at it then, currently I'm using downloaded plugins. I plan on upgrading to 2.0 when I have some extra cash.

I want more of a grimey sound. If you ever listen to like roc marciano or preemo I want more of that kind of sound.

Lofi, saturation, distortion, experiment with some effects and some filtering to dirty em up a bit

Or... Just pick 'grimey' sounds in the first place... It's good to be able to use all the tools listed by Rekordhead and to an extent I agree... But good sound/sample selection in the first instance will make mixing down your beat much, much easier.

As a user of the Maschine Mikro MK2 I've found it extremely simple to import and slice up samples this Youtube channel really helped me out HipHopRally - YouTube. The biggest downside I currently am experiencing is with mixing and equalizing my tracks, I can't reall figure out whether its the software or my lack of knowledge.

Andrew Chellman is worth checking out on YouTube as well. Some really good stuff out there!
Maschine Masters - Maschine Tutorials are 2 more good spots.
KBee Original has a couple good beat walkthroughs as well.

Back