Same Ol' Same Ol' Samples!!! LOL

RoyalFlushGang

0uT3R$P@c3mUZiK
Wats good ya'll?:hello: Kingpin of the RoyalFlushGang here, I got a serious problem...

I'M TIRED OF THE SAME OLD SAMPLES!!!!!!!!
I'm really tryin' to find some stuff dats really on some more out there stuff. Don't get me wrong, I luv the 70's samples, the motion picture joints, and even the classic. But I'm needin' somethin' with a lil' more abstract feel to it. Know what I mean?!

But it'll be much appreciated if I could get some advice of what to look for to get more of that. NeoSoul feel but keep it more RAP than hip-hop. Not knockin' da Dilla, 9th wonder, and Madlib type of feel. But I'm just tryin' to take it to a new level. Somethin' outside of the box!

Thanx for all your help!!!!!

Try diggin for music from other parts of the world if you can find em. Latin/ japanese/european....etc... shyt like that. If you want real abstract, look for some pysch stuff and experimental shyt like early kraftwerk.

I love sampling trip-hop stuff, its got an entirely different feel but it can make extremely aggressive beats if done correctly. I can recommend some bands if your interested.

Thanx for da love ya'll! I'm feelin' da way ya'll talk about the trip hop. I will definitely look into kraftwerk and I could use some band names.

Here is a list of a couple artists and a song by them that comes to my mind.

Amon Tobin - Four Ton Mantis
Quantic - Time is the Enemy
Alpha - Firefly(Reciever Mix)
FC Kahuna - Hayling
Portishead - Roads

Here is a list of a couple artists and a song by them that comes to my mind.

Amon Tobin - Four Ton Mantis
Quantic - Time is the Enemy
Alpha - Firefly(Reciever Mix)
FC Kahuna - Hayling
Portishead - Roads

You sample these guys? call me stupid, that doesn't seem right to me.

But I have just started to dig the 80s and early 90s, mainly for musique conrete, art rock, noise, free jazz. The best finds are the 30'23, side-length tracks, always a ton of experiments on there. :)

I couldn't bring myself to sample the artists you mentioned though, no way.

I don't understand why you wouldn't sample something you liked if you knew that you could flip it / chop it so that it sounded like something brand new and original. Like I said it's got a very fresh feel if done correctly. It's popular right now to sample old jazz and blues records due to the fact that they have that warm feel and contain sounds that are incredibly hard to recreate, I view trip-hop in the same way. And I was not saying to sample those specific songs, just to give him an idea of where I was coming from. Hell I would sample the #1 Billboard spot if I thought I could do it right :)

Back