remaking beats?

If you play guitar you should NEVER waste time playing anybody else's song. All that time that you spend learning how to play "Purple Haze" should have been spent creating your own original songs. :p

In all honesty though, I think remaking beats can be beneficial if you're just starting out or trying to learn a new piece of hardware or software. But i agree that you shouldn't spend all your time doing remakes once you have those basic skills down.

i remake beats all the time ppl want to get on a certain track n an officiall instrumental usually isnt out so i help em out n remake it but mostly when i decide to remake a beat cuz i like it its usually to try new snare drops or techniques i hear in the track to help me learn ne things then i take what ive learned to my beats ive prolly learned more remaking beats than anything really btw i read nothing except mabey the post above me and the op =)

Nothing Wrong With Remaking A Beat For Fun. A Good Learning Experience Too. Mainly When Faded.
I Do It Sometimes But I Never Save The Beat.

Remaking is very effective if you are applying the technique that you have learned. Once you remake something of someones (assuming its a great track) you know everything about creating that kind of track. from the sound selection... programing done to the mix (most import imo)

i never personally re made any beats.. but i see it done all the time.. if you have weak drums or you keep getting a complaint about a certain aspect of your beat look toward your idols and see what they do different.. id rather zone out. make a beat in my head and try to apply it to my machine!!

I recently remade Rite Where U Stand by Gang Starr... Mainly because I wanted to discover how I could cancel the noise from the sample (there are no noise-free samples for that song to be found online)... I did some other remakes as well, but mostly for fun... Shows you how producers chopped up their samples more than just listening.

I remade "made you look" by Nas about 5 or 6 years ago when I was first learning.
I got inspired after hearing the original sample and got to work. I was pretty proud that I figured out how to make it sound exactly the same, but at the end of the day it wasn't my beat. Needless to say, I haven't tried to remake someone else's beat since. It's a nice challenge, but it's not something I'd waste my time with nowadays

Back