Recreating "Dreams" prod. by Kanye West

Villainaire

Ok, I was listening to some old joints, and I stumbled on the joint Kanye sampled to make "Dreams" for Game.

I've identified 3 samples he uses for the game beat. I can't find anymore.

I'm intrigued how the hell he made such a hot beat with 3 small snippets. It doesn't sound like he looped anything to me.

Sample 1 - I brought you all my dreams

Sample 2 - Cause I loved you

Sample 3 - I...I...I...

Ok, so those 3 are obvious... How'd he make the instrumental in the background? Is it sampled or original?

Regardless of if it is or isn't sampled, I'm amazed. I don't really enjoy most of Kanye's tracks, but was impressed how he flipped this.

Any ideas how he made this go down would be appreciated...

Lando

All he used was the little section that had all the phrases u found. He looped the part with the strings thats right before "brought you all my dreams". After that he looped up the part that says "I love you" and added the "I, I, I" at the end. It probably just sound different to you because he filtered it and slightly adjusted the pitch.

I'll do a remake of the beat and post it up later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here goes the remake. The mix isnt that good because I was focused on arranging the chops and composing the bassline and bongos. But besides that it sounds pretty close to the original. I might put up a better mixed version later.

Not bad, that was hot, sounded pretty close to the original! I earned more respect for Kanye as a beatmaker after I tried to remake Diamonds.

iced2k41 said:
Here goes the remake. The mix isnt that good because I was focused on arranging the chops and composing the bassline and bongos. But besides that it sounds pretty close to the original. I might put up a better mixed version later.
tight..........

Thanks, if you want to hear anything else remade just post the sample and ill give it a shot.

iced2k41 said:

that was hot. Sounded ON POINT!

iced2k41 said:
Thanks, if you want to hear anything else remade just post the sample and ill give it a shot.
what did you use to make the beat?

Yo your remake is ill but 2 problems EQ you can EQ to get the bass and its too slow then it'll sounds perfect

In the track, you can hear "Ah Ha, Ah Ha, Ah Ha.........." Right before the guy says Dreams, Dreams, you brought me all my dreams........"

My question is, is that a sample of 50 Cent, cuz it sounds a lot like him.

chilla2 said:
No u need strings and all that you can't do it with jus the sample

yeah i kno im jus askin he might hav that **** and can recreate it

Last edited:
GasparGomez said:
what did you use to make the beat?

FL Studio 5

Lil_Dre said:
You think you can sample this and make One Blood?

Alright, I'll try and post it up later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back