Reason 4 vs Reason 3

lucas1771

ay everyone, I've been using reason 3 for a looonng time now, and its what i'm comfortable with. I've never switched to reason 4 cuz i just never felt that it was necisary...now everyones saying that the regroove is realll nice, what other benefits are there to upgrading? and can anyone tell me what they think about regroove?

(by the way I'm sample based and use recycle)

peace
-lucas

ay everyone, I've been using reason 3 for a looonng time now, and its what i'm comfortable with. I've never switched to reason 4 cuz i just never felt that it was necisary...now everyones saying that the regroove is realll nice, what other benefits are there to upgrading? and can anyone tell me what they think about regroove?

(by the way I'm sample based and use recycle)

peace
-lucas

i like reason 4 a lot, but i remember being regretful at upgrading at first........

^^^Me as well. They revamped the sequencer and the way you can create. It actually slowed my productivity in Reason. No more autocolor of a clip when you change something. Automation is different, better/worse is opinionated, but different. You can no longer edit midi clips in real time while playing the song.

You do gain Thor which is a sick synth although you have to find Refills or tweak for the best results, the stuff included in the factory bank don't show the full potential. You also get an Arp generator that's helpful in current music. I think Regroove was B.S. bloatware.

I took a break from Reason to go back to FL recently. I've grown bored with Reason, something I didn't think was possible while using 3.0. This thread made me realize how much I liked 3. I may go back to using 3.0 and see if I can get my productivity back.

Thor & Arp generator among other things are a big +, well at least to me. I know a friend of mine who was late upgrading and beat me up because I didn't force him to upgrade earlier lol!

damn, well ill probably try it out and see how i like it, ive just been living in the "if its not broken dont fix it" mindset

reason 4 is a beast if like said above if used correctly and got some at least above average refills/sound library then your in the game.thor is a mighty synth but just as deranged said with some good refills and tweakability.i mos definetly think you should at least give it a try it might spark some more creativity and workflow you had in 3 to be brung into 4.

i love reason 4, its better than 3 in my opinion, and 3 was the ****. i think the sequencer and regroove are the best parts. thor scares me.

reason4 regroove i love it damn if it wasnt for regroove i probably would never had sold my mpc it does wonders - an i had an mpc 1000 an i would catch beat block like a m/f but now i dont have too deal wit clutter with mpc 1000 a block it wass miss it thou -aint nothing like reason 4 if u know the inn an outs an know how too mess wit rewire youll givee everything else a rest trust me !reason 4 is a beast period

shouldn't this thread be moved to the sequencer section of the site? anyways reason 4.0 has a lot more features than 3.0 and is very useful if you choose to learn them. regroove is a really nice tool if you are into preset grooves....there are infinite regroove templates basically...also you can quantize your beat to a % of a regroove template which is extremely useful.

shouldn't this thread be moved to the sequencer section of the site? anyways reason 4.0 has a lot more features than 3.0 and is very useful if you choose to learn them. regroove is a really nice tool if you are into preset grooves....there are infinite regroove templates basically...also you can quantize your beat to a % of a regroove template which is extremely useful.

I've only been here for about a moonth and even I realize this site needs major mod/administreation... Of course, it wouldn't be so necesarry if people followed some of the most basic rules.

Back