quick tutorial for calculating bpm's / matching bpm's

i mean i can add divide an multiply

but never used it to find a tempo

if u was smart u coulda read my post and figured it...

Last edited:
ah, i was bein a dikk. haha! sorry man... i posted that in like the last half hour of a fuct day at work.....

it is simple sh1t though. but its like you said, not everyone thinks about bpms in math terms....

my apologies again...

peace.

You can use that to figure out a percentage as well. And judging from the people that I work with day to day, I could say they could use it, haha.

hehehe highkoo ;)

well, i guess calculating this equation from a known formula is eight grade maths, but actually figuring the formula out by yourself, is something more difficult and that's what sec was asking about ;)

back when i was still in school (i'm 26 now) i have always been pretty good in math.. (finished 2 hour math tests after an hour with a perfect score, even though i have skipped school for more than 3 weeks prior to the test and nobody, neither me nor the teacher, could explain how i managed to do this), so i guess i simply have a pretty good understanding when it comes to logical thinking and hence math..

even though i didn't do any difficult calculations or equations the last, let's say, 8 years, it wasn't difficult and took me not more than about 15 minutes

i simply sat down, started thinking about it for a minute or two, and started calculating and fortunately my first thoughts of how to calculate this were right.. ;)

then i tried the equation using some logic bpm's (as mentioned in the context where you'd get an answer of 0% or so) and that prooved me right

the last step was actually trying this within adobe audition and after this was working properly as well i figured i was right ;)

Last edited:
just line up a bar within the song...to a bar in your sequencer by changing the bpms....

a lot easier...i do it in about 30seconds or less ....

Last edited by a moderator:
baggysound said:

back when i was still in school (i'm 26 now) i have always been pretty good in math.. (finished 2 hour math tests after an hour with a perfect score, even though i have skipped school for more than 3 weeks prior to the test and nobody, neither me nor the teacher, could explain how i managed to do this), so i guess i simply have a pretty good understanding when it comes to logical thinking and hence math..

That sounds familiar....

DeathIsCertain said:
Yo this post might be the best thing I've EVER found on here (and thats saying a lot).

I just tried it and it worked perfectly.

thanks for the props, i'm always glad if i can help somebody

LiQuiD6 said:
just line up a bar within the song...to a bar in your sequencer by changing the bpms....

a lot easier...i do it in about 30seconds or less ....

all right, that's simple for one, single sample, but what if you have multiple samples playing at different bpm's?

once you find the proper bpm for one, by changing your sequencers bpm, you will have to change it again for finding the proper bpm for another sample (and it wouldn't fit to the first sample anymore)

also by calculating you get a result, that is much more precise

well, either way, everybody has their own way of doing this..

this is MY way, and I feel comfortable doing it like this (especially when using only hardware, or both, hardware and software together), and since fp.com is important for me, i try to contribute my best, and share my knowledge.. i guess there's nothing wrong with that ;)

How to make it work with a Acapella and a beat

How to make it work with a Acapella and a beat so it can sound in sync. Like it goes together

Thanks a lot for the info.I never understood the mathematical part of stretching until after reading this.It is helpful knowing how software calculates the percentages for stretching.I learned something new today so thanks again.

peace

thanks for taking the time, i think almost everyone can use some help in this aspect. great work, be using it soon. thanks again man

Back