Hello guys. I am a beginner on sampling. I am using Ableton and mpc1000. After I try to do some sampling. I got couple questions wish you guys can help me out. I am from Hong Kong, where lack of sampling knowledge and resources here. Really thanks if u guys can answer me!
1. May I know when is the proper time to use time stretch on mpc1000? For example, the song I sample is 70 bpm, but the beat I am making is in 95 bpm, so I should use time stretch make the song that I want to sample from 70bpm to 90bpm, is it correct? If not, may I know when i should use that?
2. Sometimes, people use sample just without chopping, just speed it up or slow it down. Sometimes, they chop it and make their own sound. May I know when I chop it, when I shouldn't?
3. I can make my own drum pattern, however, I always feel like not groove enough, is there anything I missing? Is it because I quantize them?
4. I don't know any instrument. After I make a simple loop with the sample and the drum. is there any method for ppl like me who doesnt know any instrument to make the bassline?
5. What is the difference between sub bass and bass? Is that I put low pass filter on the sample, and that means sub bass?
6. After i put the drum and sample together. They are correct on the rhythm but i feel like the groove is not perfectly match. Any special way i can make them perfectly match in groove as well.
7. I dun understand the swing on mpc.... what is the percentage means?
8. I chop the sample each piece with 1/4 note, but after i watch video on youtube. seems its not really correct.... I am confuse abt that.
9. What is the meaning of " make drums from scratch "?
I really need help from you guys. Thanks a lot!!!!