Question about buying samples and using them

M

mikey joe

Ok so I bought a sample pack off bigfishaudio which had a dope ass bass line so used it just by looping I then added strings horns piano ect can I sell this instrumental without having any copyright issues?

Yes Big Fish Audio's products are royalty free! Meaning that as long as you legitimately bought their product, you can use any of their sounds in any of your musical compositions any way you like, as long as you intend to use it in a musical composition and don't intend to re-package and sell it as an audio library to someone else

Yes Big Fish Audio's products are royalty free! Meaning that as long as you legitimately bought their product, you can use any of their sounds in any of your musical compositions any way you like, as long as you intend to use it in a musical composition and don't intend to re-package and sell it as an audio library to someone else

Thanks that dope lol I don't think there is a way to illigitimently buy samples

What you are using is called a royalty free sample. Lots of companies make them and you don't have to worry about clearing any of them. Big Fish Audio should have more info on their web site about this

I wonder if people should disclose that their instrumental beat has a royalty free loop in it so the buyer (or record company lawyers) doesn't later try and sue someone else if they hear that same loop in another beat.

"Hey, you sampled my beat/song!" LOL

I wonder if people should disclose that their instrumental beat has a royalty free loop in it so the buyer (or record company lawyers) doesn't later try and sue someone else if they hear that same loop in another beat.

"Hey, you sampled my beat/song!" LOL

I am sure all of that is disclosed prior to the songs release

Back