Which producer Inspired you to start sampling??

SuspenseBeats

I composed beats from scratch for years, and this year i started sampling. I used to be against it. I used to think there was no creativity in it. But now that i realize that i can be creative with it,
I LOVE SAMPLING!!!!!!! The producer who inspired me to start sampling is THE ALCHEMIST Who inspired you?

DJ Shadow. The way his early work wasn't just looping breaks: he was telling a story with the samples. He set the standard for a different type of hip hop producer.

SuspenseBeats said:
I composed beats from scratch for years, and this year i started sampling. I used to be against it. I used to think there was no creativity in it. But now that i realize that i can be creative with it,
I LOVE SAMPLING!!!!!!! The producer who inspired me to start sampling is THE ALCHEMIST Who inspired you?

same.......

Actually a lot of peeps did!

DJ Premier inspired me in the sense of showing me that sampling could be something really creative and innovative, and more than just looping.

RJD2 inspired me in the same way DJ Shadow apparently inspired elphonics.

The Alchemist inspired me in the way he makes his chops. Sometimes really advanced - sometimes so simple.

9th Wonder inspired me A LOT (as you can hear if you listen to my beats), first and foremost cuz I love soul-music, and secondly because he made it "graspable" (is that a word? I'm not English, so...:-)). 9th showed me that sampling is something I can do on my own with a cheap app (FL Studio) and be good at, cuz, although I love his production-style, it's often easier to analyze how 9th has chopped and manipulated his samples (compared to, for example, DJ Premier).

Also some newer producers I'm inspired by are M-Phazes, Khrysis, Sicknature (Danish producer), Snowgoons (German producer-team), Adam Kay (young Danish producer who REALLY has skills... sounds like a mixture of Pete Rock and Premier), and of course Boon Doc (who inspired me to buy an MPC, although I keep using FL on the side)...

That's it I guess...

EDIT: I forgot Just Blaze, who inspired me for the same reason as kyng :)

EDIT 2: I also forgot Pete Rock!!

Last edited:
Well, he inspired me to interpolate, because I NEVER just chop up a sample, throw drums and a bassline on it. You gotta make it stand out, and make it sound full. So Just blaze inspired me to sample, and to interpolate, and make it my own. That "Second Coming" studio session was crazy.

Primo, Pete Rock, No I.D. Lord Finesse, Ali Shaheed Mohameed(ATCQ), Buckwild (DITC), and a few others but those are the ones that i stay in awe of.....

MrSaf3ty said:
j dilla, jay dee, james d yancey

learn ya ****. there is no other

(sorry primo and pete rock)

No disrespect to your opinion or to the late, great Dillla, but you can't be serious. Dilla himself in one of his last interviews stated that these were his influences. Moreover, when you think of sampling masters, these are always the first names that are always come up, as well as greats like Marley Marl.

Last edited:
Hank shockley
Marly Marl
Pete Rock

Those are my top 3 that have inspired me the most.

Im not just putting names of great legends down Im serious they have inspired me the most. Im showing my age now thats for sure.

Last edited:
Back