Problem with live drums in a sample (I did a search, don't worry)

smjVersion1

Okay, I'm really in need of assistance right now, and while I did do a search to see if I could figure this out, and did find some relevant stuff, I still couldn't figure this out. It's probably a simple task to regular samplers, but I only usually play my beats rather than sample, and it's the first time I've had a problem like this.

I'm trying to sample a song into Reason, but it uses live drums and (obviously) isn't quantized. I used Acid to detect the BPM of the song and then sped it up to 86 BPM. Then I used Recycle and went through and made my chops like normal. I'm just looping from the original song, but I always at least cut it into quarter notes so that my drums stay in line with the original song's drums.

Well, because of the changing tempo, the quarter notes are different lengths. Thus, when I load the REX file into Reason and play it out again so I can throw my drums on it, the song sounds weird because rather than switching fluidly from slice to slice, some slices are too short and there will be a short gap between the notes. I tried speeding up the BPM a little so that other notes would just have a little (unnoticable) part cut off, but that sounded weird.

So what I want to do is be able to slice up the song into quarter notes, and timestretch it so that each note is .697 seconds (a quarter note in 86 BPM). That way, everything would play smoothly and without a flaw. But, I'm not really sure how to do this, outside of doing it completely manually in Soundforge, which seems like it would be a *****. I'm sure there's gotta be a way to do this, I think I've heard of the MPC's having a feature like this, where it stretches each note so there are no tempo change problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

use the nnxt. way better sampler.

and just make it so each note plays untill the end of the sample. then, cut where you want the beginning of each one to be, and make the polyphony one.

Thats perfect for fl studio all you gotta do is put the sample in fl slicer change the bpm and make sure da tempo match den put tha cuts in the space where a drum or a snare would respectively. It may sound a lil choppy. All you gotta do to fix this is click the "A" mirror function. Then move da slide up it will put a echo/strecthing without changing da spped,tempo,or pitch it also you can move it down and it will cut tha chop downs...den go to playlist and turn on live mode and get your midi and let you shyt speak

vursatyl, that would work except that when I sliced it into quarter notes, some are too short. I could slice it so that it was long enough, but then the the first part of the next quarter note would be played twice, at the end of the one before it and the beginning of the note itself.

Unless you knew this and were trying to tell me a way that would avoid my problem, in which case could you elaborate a little more?

Back