No contest the BEST way to SAMPLE

Finish First

Finish First Productions
WELL. i make my own samples. i don't own a turntable because i don't like to bite peoples music. Isn't creativity and skill supposed to make up your own style and sound?... Any grade schooler can buy a record for a dollar and destroy it by choppin it up and putting it over a wack ass drum loop. make your own music or else you are just phony. i would NEVER buy samples someone else made to use in my beats. just my opinion. =). if you happen to have something origional, try sampling that. Good Luck. 7:'l

:monkey::victory::hello::cheers:

wouldnt u agree that alot of hip hop producers use samples, and are extremely succesful though???

Timberland
Primo
Kanye
9th Wonder
J Dilla
Just Blaze

Too name a few.

Yes. But success isn't what an artist's goal should be. It should be doing what they love and being origional, otherwise they will fail every time. for example: anybody can sound like most commercial artists simply by using the Autotune vst. I am not saying it doesn't sound good but me as an artist and producer would never intentionally do something that has already been done. don't you have fear of sounding like a carbon copy? i know you've heard it over and over but someone needs to tell the commercial artists that real gangsters dont record pop music an glorify being ghetto. i can say ive lived with no home for 2 years after growing up in foster homes and i would never brag about selling crack. the difference is they do what other people like and i do what i like for myself. if people feel me and can relate then im grateful. if you look at music as a job you lose your creativity.

you have 4 posts, your new at this , and you must be lost, sorry this section isnt for you. Go to the rap hiphop section. Its ok we forgive you (sarcastic)

lol i wonder do you know where and how hiphop was created.... take that ish to another genre because this one was originated by sampling if you want to get technical that is what hiphop is. and the guy above just name the new popular producers back in the day everyone sampled you sound stupid... but if thats how you make your music why even sample it why not just compose your own tracks .....

i cant believe you called sampling phony you need to do some research on hiphop if anything not sampling is phony youngin.... and i know your a youngin by the statement you made very ignorant non factual, and bull headed. this should be a funny one

and if you think anyone can grab a record and throw a drum loop on it than do it and ill battle you for $500 put your money where your mouth is mr. skill/creativity lol

Last edited:
Your right, this is the sampling section, which is what i am talking about. the only reason you would need to sample another artist is because you aren't talented enough to make your own... And so you know i do compose my own music. thanks for callin me young =). I can play most instruments ranging from wind to brass to guitar, bass and drums. Sorry if i offended you. I guess me joining some forum on the internet so so long after you did means you have more talent and expierience than me. I guess i will go to the noob section and help the middle schoolers hook up thier cracked version of fl studio and acid pro. And for he battle, no thanks. my beats sell for well over $2000 each. I'd rather do something better with my 10 minutes.

Last edited:
co-sign sidetracks words

obviously, you've never actually done it yourself, or tried and found out "wow, this is really hard, how do you seperate these instruments"

look homie, i play guitar, bass, keys, and any horn instrument on the face of the planet, i make some tracks with actual instrumentation, but guess what? i still make tracks with a sample in it, layered in with all the instruments... why? cuz i got soul kid

and most the peeps in the sampling section arent using drum loops, and if they are, those too most likely are being chopped.

musics a galaxy man, not a 2 lane dirt road

there will be battles between Samplers & Composers for years to come, but i come to this forum to hang out and chat with people who are into sampling / choppin samples / old records, crate diggin, etc.... if you dont like the fact that people do it, go to another forum. this aint the Samplers VS. Composers section. Little do you comprehend, choppin samples takes just as much skill as composing, trust me, i do both!!! So go back to suckin on your rusty trombone, and get out of our dusty vinyl choppin section.

Yo mad props to you then. I used to crate dive way too much and i know how it is. Im just on a different page now thats all. using something i didnt fully create just feels empty to me now days.

i feel where you are coming from but i dont think that it takes less skill to sample ive heard alot of people sample ... even done it myself a few times... thats just plain wack but sometimes you get the right chops eq it right and lay down some serious masterpieces... honestly its easier to sit and play instruments and make nice sounding music than it is to find the right sample and really destroy it ..................................................i guess if your saying taking a sample and looping and putting drums on it than yeah that doesnt take much...... what i dont get is what makes you think that just because you play instruments and can sit in front of a keyboard or etc. and just play what comes to mind that that is more creative i play instruments too once your good at playing its easy... they are both good ways of making music and they both bring different elements to hiphop so for you to bash the only reason hiphop even exist is just obserd.... oh yeah and about the battle you said you have better things to do with your ten minutes... what like make yourself look stupid on futureproducers... you should have spent that time better and we wouldnt even be having this debate......

i love original music but i love a dope sample too.... when i hear a sample and then i hear the original and im like how in the hell did he do that. thats exciting to me...................

would you say that your biting because you play the same chords that have been used for years? probably some of the same chord progressions in a different pitch? there are only so many chords and progressions until you are actually playing what someone else has already played

Sampling is ghey ..

But honestly Hip Hop wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for sampling, it allowed people with little to no music knowledge (but plenty of raw talent) to create art and give new life to music and gave a voice to a people that were ignored. Those early samples created a foundation for modern day producers, they opened those doors for us and help birth a culture that spread across the world, across racial, sexual and economic barriers.

So, in closing STFU.

ya thats true that chord progressions eventually are remade, hopefully not intentionally... everything is easy if you feel it. too many people try to learn music for the wrong reasons. look at how many "producers" are members on this forum...

It is cool to come here to tell us your personal opinion, but bottom line, you insulted just about every one that posts in this forum. I understand how you feel to not like sampling, i dont samples alot becus, I'll admit it, its hard as hell.. i can barely ever make a sampled beat that sounds good.

Its hard as hell and for someone to make something out of something else, that is pure creativity to me.

Flipping = Creative
Looping = Not Creative

im not saying sampling is bad... im saying sampling your own music instead of someone elses is the way to go. you can go on fl studio and make chord progressions and melodys with instrument sounds and have your own orchestra if you do it right!!!

tru but it will still sound computer generated.....sometimes i dont want my own orchestra sometimes i want that vintage sound of something soulful i do make original tracks all the time but lately i been killing some rare bollywood samples i dug outta my girls dad's collection....." he's like i brought this straight from india they dont have it here dont lose this" lol thats all i needed to hear..... i just like to have fun man and whatever is fun for you than you do you

on another note id rather record a real instrument than play an emulated one on a computer but i cant afford to hire a full orchestra right now so ill do the computer thing lol... but thats tru creativity to me when it comes to original ................................. i love cats like ryan leslie who get in and play some real bongos or record a real horn and ish like that... it inspires me .... not knocking computer sounds at all i just like real instrumentation

Last edited:
Finish First said:
make your own music or else you are just phony. i would NEVER buy samples someone else made to use in my beats.

lol...........thats like saying all NBA players are phony for dunking. It's a part of the game.

yea alot of cats sound the same today.......but thats music. It's been like that for....oh...IDK bout 300 years now.

yeah thats like saying your phony because you use instruments people have already used...... you should make you own instruments to use why you gotta copy everyone else be original lol

Last edited:
niether can he if he could we would know his name he would be a legendary producer or a legndary musician but instead he says i make 2000 a beat well timbo might make 500,000 a beat what does that mean about your production pianoman lol jk let me stop

Back