Nice dark Piano samples?

VTP Produckshun

The title says everything pretty much, does anybody know some dark horror style piano samples? I don't really mess with the soul stuff that much.. Or maybe what label can I look for? Every tip is appreciated !

You mean stuff like this?

Or Mobb Deep's "Survival Of The Fittest"?

You've gotta keep digging man, they're there. Here's two artists to start you off who I've sampled recently: Franco Delfino & Elias Rahbani. Happy digging!

I agree with the last post. You won't get that sound though... not unless you got a real piano recorded and spice up the sound with some mixing techniques to make it sound older than it is(the recording that is). I haven't heard a vst piano that sounds that good before. I bet you could holler at one of these rich kid schools or an art school if you could have a session there. Set up some equipment and get a few good licks for you r sample library. The natural reverb of the hall my old school had their piano in was hauntingly wonderful man

@audiodopebeats yeah I meant something like survival of the fittest and I'll definitely check out Franco Delfino & Elias Rahbani, thanks for that!

@PresentProducer & Red_Orb I think that I could also get the Melodies I want by myself, it's just that I think sampled Piano sounds or sampled sounds in generall always have a different vibe to it and a different feeling, that no vst can reach. You're right I could also play it live and record that, but frankly I don't have enough expirience to setup the correct mic positions an everything, and I also don't have enough money to afford a professional recording engineer to record a couple of licks ;)

Another advantage of sampling some piano sounds would be that the piano player comes up with melodies, licks, chords etc. that I have never thought of.

Thanks for your creative alternatives though

Gregorian Chant is a dope group with amazing dark piano and singing.

I couldn't find any groups that are called 'gregorian Chant' but I know what you mean, thanks for that tip as well, never thought of that, do you think it's also possible, to sample their singing and then make your own library?

Back