new to sampling trying to understand hip hop

A

Alexkamrock

ok so i've been trying hard to understand where the music i love comes from, and try and recreate them. i've been making beats for a couple months now and decided i would try and remake worst comes to worst by dialated peoples. i found the sample " i forgot to be your lover" by william bell, but the problem is the bmp, so heres my question. if the bpm of the original sample is 134.8(using the bpm counter on logic), and alchemist beat for worst comes to worst is around 92.1( used the bpm counter on both tracks).

how could it be possible that he sped up the sample and still managed to keep his beat at 92.1 ??? i google searched it and everything but the wording for my question was just weird. or maybe its a dumb or odd question but w.e im new to this.

or instead of hitting his snares on every 2nd bar did he hit it on every 4th bar? and stretch his 4 bar loop to a 8 bar loop?? but then why would the bpm counter say its 92.1 beats per minute? i know the bpm counter on logic is not accurate and you might have to beat map, which brings my to my next question.

if you beat map the original sample how is it possible to speed it up if its beat mapped? sorry for the gang of questions im just really really confused. PLLZZZ HELP!!

I'm not aware of the sample or the song off top but my 1st thought is don't rely on auto detection of any sort tap tempo or take the looped section loop it in the sequencer to find the original tempo. He may have sped it up to 184 which would be my best guess.

just tap the bpm to the song
you can still realtime pitchshift it witouth changing the tempo of the sample

Back