need help with sampling from turntable!!!

mylesp510

ok i finally got the numark ttusb i was talkin about a while back. i have a problem. i am using audacity to record,but i cant hear anything while its recording. i can hear it when i stop everything and press play in audacity,but i have hip-hop records that i have for listening purposes.

basically i have two questions

1.what can i do to just play the music through the computer without having to record?
2. what can i do to listen to the record while its being recorded?

oh and another thing, i usually use cool edit pro to mess with sample then i go to recycle. how can i do what i asked above in cool edit?

Last edited:
agreed, if it has rca's as well its defiantly better to audio out from there. otherwise it does just sound like some kind of soundcard mixer setting.

install the Ez vinyl program that came with it. then you can hear while you record in your other program. just have them both open. simple mate

if your not hearing anything, its because you need to go to your sound and audio setting and make the usb the input, but NOT the output.

Also sorry to thread jack, but whats bad against usb turntables? Im thinking about getting a turntable and some records, not really for sampling, but to find some cheap music. I also have a professional audio interface (Presonus Firestudio) Would it be better to use quarter outs into that? thanks

get regular numark turntables...make sure they are direct drive of course! also you gotta get a rca pre-amp....then get a rca to dual 1/4" cable and hook it up to your interface line ins.

I have a USB turntable. I have no issues or complaints about it. It works fine for sampling.

I have a USB turntable. I have no issues or complaints about it. It works fine for sampling.
agreed. i have a numark usb one and its does the job perfectly..a good needle is more important than the acutal turntable if your just using it for sampling imo

try going to your audio preferences in audacity and change your driver settings to your input where ever the table is plugged in on the computer. that really should do the trick

Back