Name of this kickdrum?

Ferdows

Hi All,

I was wondering how this kind of kickdrum is named, because it isnt a usual one.

And where can I find/buy more of these? Or is a kick layered with something else?

I've added the kickdrum as a attachement.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Kickdrum.mp3
    46.9 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for helping, big boys, you must be comedian.

Anyone else can help me? Maybe not with the name, but where I can find more of this kind of kickdrums?

Sounds like a Timpani(or some type of tom) with a hihat layered. Drums kicks don't usually have names(other than the name of the kit it's part of).

more like a floor tom tuned high and that might actually be a tambourine sitting on the skin than a hi-hat though it could be both - there is no metallic shell ringing that I would expect from a timpani/kettle drum

Last edited:
size - tom-toms can range in size from about 4" diameter to 18" diameter, usually in increments of 1". floor toms usually cover the range 13"-18". usually they are standing on three legs to the right or left hand side of the drummer (the "handed" side of the drummer...)

this one sounds like 15" tuned high

Thanks for the clear answers bandcoach. Appreciate it!

I will try to remake a sample like above and post it here :)

@Bandcoach. I love that you're around, because I can always "come close" with answers, but once you speak, it becomes clear as day! Makes me feel dumb from time to time, but that's a great thing to feel when you think you know everything! I'm sure you feel it very rarely in music discussions, lol.

Much respect. :cheers:

Always nice to be acknowledged

there are times when I feel I am out of my depth but it is rare and very much on the edge of my experience/knowledge

- a little research usually gets me back to being confident

but without your ballpark on this one I would not have bothered - not to show you up but because it had drifted into farce with joseph and gonzales

a case of linguistic specificity versus linguistic usage got the better of the first responders - op should have asked what instruments are in this sound combination?? would have gotten a more sensible answer and listen

not to show you up but because it had drifted into farce with joseph and gonzales
Just to make it clear, I answered that way because that's how my sense of humor is. And FP tend to be too much "serious", even on the break room. I know sometimes this sense of humor is misunderstood as a trollage, but I think it makes the ambience here more "light".

a case of linguistic specificity versus linguistic usage got the better of the first responders - op should have asked what instruments are in this sound combination?? would have gotten a more sensible answer and listen
If this was the case, I'd probably be quiet and let the more experienced people answer it.

ddream, I was not knocking either of you but waiting for the op to be more direct in asking about what was happening - the question was "what do I call this sound?" to which I would have answered John Thomas except that I don't follow my initial impulses as much any more - facetiousness is fine in a young man but unbecoming in a man of my age

ddream, I was not knocking either of you but waiting for the op to be more direct in asking about what was happening - the question was "what do I call this sound?" to which I would have answered John Thomas except that I don't follow my initial impulses as much any more - facetiousness is fine in a young man but unbecoming in a man of my age
That's fine, bc. It was kind of something I wrote to justify my actions, as the op seemed a little angry toward mine (and Wallengard's) humorous responses.

Back