My CRAZY source for samples:

ScorchinBeats

Japanese Jazz.

Yeah, I bet lots of people sample it, but I've found some DOPE AZZ samples even just on youtube with this genre.

haha, unleashed to secrets!!.lol jk yea that material is DOPE, any form of music from a country other than our own (America) is pretty awesome. For one, theres so much, that many people arent familiar with. IMO its alot harder to get ahold of, i mean of course youtube has some and blogs and stuff like that but not the just of it. Stepping outside the box!

#Trilltrax

I bet someone could sample Taj Mahal Travelers and make some dope smokin' beats. They have some of the most unique and just straight up perfect music/sound. for anyone who has never heard and can dig very different, open minded musicians, check em out. You could even rig up a vinyl of theirs and really tear it up.

I picked up alot of jazz records from an older fellow, who had been collecting his whole life. There was quite a bit of Japanese jazz among the 300 records he sold me and they are DOPE!

damn wax jus sits an takes up room eventually everythings is on mp3 to much clutter ,damn fools still go by vinyl sh!ts getin old an hiphop aint what its cracked up to be any more ,beside the point ..

damn wax jus sits an takes up room eventually everythings is on mp3 to much clutter ,damn fools still go by vinyl sh!ts getin old an hiphop aint what its cracked up to be any more ,beside the point ..

your posts just sit and take up room. Wish I could compress those as well.

hell yeah... I agree with what Trill said... For the most part we mainly hear American music...but when you come across some stuff from other countries, even though its still the same music, its kinda different, ya know? And the 2 videos you posted here are dope songs...Im sure people can make some fire beats with them, but just listening to them on their own is just as refreshing in my opinion...how could anyone not appreciate this type of music?! (I'm not implying that anyone is not appreciating it, I'm just saying)

2 thumbs up for this thread! Great music!

I love me some Japanese music. Jazz, funk, soul, prog rock. They have some talented musicians.

Japanese jazz, and also japanese funk is a goldmine of weird, trippy samples. I wonder if that's the explanation behind all the deep beats from Japanese hip hop producers such as DJ Krush and DJ Yas.

Yeah I been getting stuff from other countries lately.

I'd really like some dope Indian (as in Urdu) music TBH.

But TBH there's tons of American music to sample too if you're just willing to dig.

Consider everybody basically only samples what?

Funk, Rock, R&B.

That still leaves tons of genres, let alone undiscovered stuff in those 3 genres.

I can never find Japanese jazz lps. Im sure I can find the mp3s but I want the vinyl, without going to Japan. Lol. Yet.

Would never of considered this, some of this work is amazing. I just prefer to sample trance music majority of the time

Yeah japanese jazz has some dope shit...I remember the other day I was youtube digging and found Toshiyuki Honda - Thunderkiss - YouTube

I thought "DAMN! Dope sample!...but I think I recognize this too well..."

I was pissed when I saw it was sampled by Alchemist already...shoulda known lmao.

I've found some nice samples in older japanese prog. rock aswell...my thing is I used to just listen to the first 20-30 secs of a track on youtube and if I didn't hear sample material I went to the next one, and am sure I've missed out on a few nice samples. Now that I've been picking up more vinyls I've learned to be patient and take my time with tracks...

Last edited:
There is alot more talent out there. Just depends how you find it and what type of sample you can get out of it.

Cool stuff, wonder how many people wandered in here and have now started to do what you've done.

Back