Musician's Who Never Sample RECORDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What my thoughts?

I know very little about synths. But don''t they work of wavetables? that represent segments of sound. (that's what I read).

So yeah I suppose its a sample.

An analogue synth is made up of raw sounds. there are no samples in TRUE analogue devices for a simple reason ---> the age of th beast... this is why i had to "split my dummy out" at the dude commenting on synths basically being samplers... its simply not accurate (though more modern synths do us samples) happy days all the same any road

The haterisms of the simple non-cultured mind, result of trial and constant error, or if you will, rejection... Again, what works for one, may not be the solution for another... Besides, it doesn't help composers in general when they got people who make music with only three or four notes, no talented-n***** who are lucky enough to find a combination of tones that actually go together, and try to make a hit, and then later on call it a classic despite its mediocrity... Composing is a way of making music, as is sampling, and both are valid ways of making music... The fact that one involves using somebody else's music does not diminish the producer's input on the song, unless of course all he does is loop up a part and call it a day... if anything, we make it harder on ourselves to be so creative, because of all the legal s*** we got to go through, unless nobody can figure out what sample it is that we used (even better for us...lol), but I hate being insulted by Lil Jon wannabes, who do nothing but exhaust synth sounds and stick to only a choice set of notes for ALL their beats and dare to call it music, when it is just "entertainment" which will never make it as "classics" of hip hop music. So, please, if you got a problem with sampling, keep it to yourself, because we have no problem with composers...As a matter of fact, I compose, and I know I ain't the best, but my s*** is not some " throw your motherf****** hands up high in the sky" kind of thing. nowadays, there's two different categories: Art and Mediocrity...pick your category and live with your decision, but don't hate on others, or blame others for finding their way... And also, I been said that even composers are sample-based, whether they like it or not... when you go to the record store to buy your sound for your software, or when you think you "created" a new sound with emulation software, what do you think? you are using sounds that have been used before ergo samples... everybody samples...

Last edited:
FlyMuzic said:
Yeah.. but using a synth is not strictly sampling...... dude... infact a synth is an instrument, just as a guitar is mate.......

Dude youve got me wrong I never said a synth was or wasnt sampling I was just saying I dont use em lol. And yeah pretty much any beat you make on a computer or piece of hardware is sampling unless youve recorded everything yourself, but again I think its all normative.

Peace out,

TC

frenchidaurbanpoet said:
The haterisms of the simple non-cultured mind, result of trial and constant error, or if you will, rejection... Again, what works for one, may not be the solution for another... Besides, it doesn't help composers in general when they got people who make music with only three or four notes, no talented-n***** who are lucky enough to find a combination of tones that actually go together, and try to make a hit, and then later on call it a classic despite its mediocrity... Composing is a way of making music, as is sampling, and both are valid ways of making music... The fact that one involves using somebody else's music does not diminish the producer's input on the song, unless of course all he does is loop up a part and call it a day... if anything, we make it harder on ourselves to be so creative, because of all the legal s*** we got to go through, unless nobody can figure out what sample it is that we used (even better for us...lol), but I hate being insulted by Lil Jon wannabes, who do nothing but exhaust synth sounds and stick to only a choice set of notes for ALL their beats and dare to call it music, when it is just "entertainment" which will never make it as "classics" of hip hop music. So, please, if you got a problem with sampling, keep it to yourself, because we have no problem with composers...As a matter of fact, I compose, and I know I ain't the best, but my s*** is not some " throw your motherf****** hands up high in the sky" kind of thing. nowadays, there's two different categories: Art and Mediocrity...pick your category and live with your decision, but don't hate on others, or blame others for finding their way... And also, I been said that even composers are sample-based, whether they like it or not... when you go to the record store to buy your sound for your software, or when you think you "created" a new sound with emulation software, what do you think? you are using sounds that have been used before ergo samples... everybody samples...

Good **** man, co-sign. :victory:

im just gonna add my 2 cents.without sampling we wouldnt have reggae.without reggae we probably wouldnt have hip hop.If we did have people like africa bambataa and super early hip hop and never sample in hip hop,then we wouldnt have certain composer producers,cuz most of them were inspired by sampling producers:hello:

noblewordz said:
When you use any kind of audio file technically you are sampling.

That kick you use from that sample CD, yeah that's sampling.

agree.

technically, if you dont sit down at that drum set, or pick up that instrument, you are sampling. BUt the commonly known definition of sampling is chopping up sh*t from records.

the whole technical side is true , but we all know what type of sampling we're talkin bout so cut the bull plz

I sample and compose.so nobody can say imma mainstream ***** or i am not talented

**** all haters

? where do you get the idea that there would be no reggae without sampling? and early hip hop was either turntable work for the loop, studio musicians, or just the drum beat.

in the end, do you and eff everybody else.

as far as the feeling you should get, it should be the same for making something that kills it, regardless of how you got it there.

I dont use loops, strictly one shots. I prefer to play all of my own parts.
that way I keep all of my own money.

yes,you would have to use really obscure music and it's totally possible and even if you had to clear the sample,it wouldn't cost that much anyways,say a major label artist would be interested.

hip hop started with sampling, will end with sampling

now if you dont produce hip-hop here is something else to consider

Daft Punk samples their music too, sample so well that I thought they played keyboards when i first heard them,

Basically you a straight hater....................................no doubt

Hip hop started with DJ's using beatboxes, mixer, turntables, and other peoples records, they would take the best part of someone elses record and play those parts (ie sampling on turntables)

thats why

Last edited:
Well,when Kool Herc used to spin,he'd find the break on a record and extend it and then the breakers and Mc's would do their thing.
But early hiphop records didn't use samples.Musicians were re-playing breaks or add to the tr-808 drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back